Connecting 14" TV/VCR Combo to 27" TV

• Thread starter hugo
  • Start date
In summary, the person is trying to connect their small TV/VCR combo to their larger TV in order to watch VHS movies on a bigger screen. They are wondering if there is any way to do this, but it seems that without any output jacks on the combo, it is not possible. The suggestion is made to purchase a separate VCR with output jacks.
hugo
I own a small 14" tv/vcr combo (with only input cables) and a 27" tv. The tv/vcr combo is the only vcr I own (and can afford at the moment).

My problem is: Can I connect my tv/vcr combo to my bigger 27" tv so I can watch vhs movies on the bigger screen? Is there anything out there that can help me?

Thanks in advance.

Computer science news on Phys.org
If your combo has no video outputs of any kind (RCA or RF), there's no way to connect it to another television. Otherwise, it should just be a simple matter of hooking the combo's outs to the bigger TV's ins.

There is a vhf/uhf connection for coaxial cables. Would that help?

Probably not -- I'm assuming that's where you'd plug in your Cable-TV from the wall. If you don't have any output jacks, there isn't much you can do.

Considering I've seen DVD players for around $40, they ought to be putting VCRs in Happy Meals by now.

Alright then.
Thanks for your input.

hugo said:
There is a vhf/uhf connection for coaxial cables. Would that help?

On a VCR/DVD combo (or vcr alone, dvd alone, ect) There are usually two coaxial cables. One labeled Ant, or in, the other labeled out, or to tv. I'm assuming that in your first post the 14" means that the dvd/vcr is attached to a tv. If that's true, than you're probably ****ed. Of course there's an out on your computer chip, but that's risky and impractical. If it's attached to a tv, just go get a vcr (or vcr/dvd) and make sure it has an output. Have fun with that.

oh, a tv/vcr combo. Now I sound like a total ****ing idiot! I thought you meant a dvd/vcr combo. I apologize for my stupidity. You're ****ed on that deal though. Buy a vcr with no tv attached.

What equipment do I need to connect a 14" TV/VCR combo to a 27" TV?

To connect a 14" TV/VCR combo to a 27" TV, you will need an audio/video cable and a coaxial cable. You may also need an adapter depending on the type of connections available on your TV.

Can I connect a 14" TV/VCR combo to a 27" TV without using cables?

No, you cannot connect a 14" TV/VCR combo to a 27" TV without using cables. The only way to transfer audio and video signals between the two devices is through physical connections such as cables.

How do I connect a 14" TV/VCR combo to a 27" TV?

To connect a 14" TV/VCR combo to a 27" TV, follow these steps:

1. Turn off both devices
  2. Connect the audio/video cable to the audio/video output ports on the TV/VCR combo
  3. Connect the other end of the audio/video cable to the corresponding input ports on the 27" TV
  4. If your TV/VCR combo has a coaxial output, connect a coaxial cable from the output to the antenna input on the 27" TV
  5. Turn on both devices and select the appropriate input/source on the 27" TV to view the content from the TV/VCR combo

Can I use a universal remote to control both the 14" TV/VCR combo and the 27" TV?

Yes, you can use a universal remote to control both the 14" TV/VCR combo and the 27" TV. Make sure the remote is compatible with both devices and follow the instructions for programming the remote to control both devices.

What do I do if I am unable to connect my 14" TV/VCR combo to my 27" TV?

If you are having trouble connecting your 14" TV/VCR combo to your 27" TV, make sure all cables are securely connected and that both devices are turned on. If the issue persists, consult the user manuals for both devices or seek assistance from a professional.