Continuum Physics: Balance of Linear Momentum or Cauchy first equation of motion

Ihsan
Homework Statement
1- Find the body force b that acts on this continuum so that Cauchy’s first equation of motion.
2-Find the body forces at the reference point ( 1, 2, 1) where ρ0(rho nod)= 2
Relevant Equations
Balance of Linear Momentum or Cauchy first equation of motion -->b+div σ =ρ x ( x here div x and again div x two time)
Hi,

unfortunately, I am not getting anywhere with the following task
and I try solve it

Attachments

• لقطة شاشة 2023-12-16 010246.png
    لقطة شاشة 2023-12-16 010246.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 29
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-12-16 at 12.20.18 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-16 at 12.20.18 AM.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 23
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-12-16 at 12.20.17 AM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-16 at 12.20.17 AM (1).jpeg
    24.6 KB · Views: 16
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-12-16 at 12.20.17 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-16 at 12.20.17 AM.jpeg
    46.4 KB · Views: 27
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-12-16 at 12.20.15 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-16 at 12.20.15 AM.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 20
Physics news on Phys.org
This isn't my area of expertise, so I can't offer any help with this problem. However, I do have several comments about the problem and your work.

1. The first problem statement is confusing. "Find the body force b that acts on this continuum so that Cauchy’s first equation of motion." So that Cauchy's first equation of motion does what? Is satisfied? Whoever wrote this problem didn't provide a complete sentence or complete thought.
  2. The second problem statement is also confusing. The last part of the problem text (in one of your attachments says "... where ##0 \rho = 2##. What does this mean? In the problem statement you wrote, you have "... where ρ0(rho nod)= 2" I don't understand either of these.
  3. For your relevant equations you have "Balance of Linear Momentum or Cauchy first equation of motion -->b+div σ =ρ x ( x here div x and again div x two time)" Is this the divergence of σ? What does "x here div x and again div x two time" mean?
  4. The work you show in the attachments is not as clear as it could be. It looks like ink from one side of the page shows through on the other side of a couple of the pages, making them hard to read. Also, you have crossed out some of the stuff, which again makes your work less legible.

Likes Ihsan, BvU and PeroK
Thanks you for your note .and Sorry for this .I am new to English language. and this is my first time to use this page .So for your comment ρ0 it mean density in reference configuration and x is acceleration I am very sorry for this .and Sorry for the photo, I did not notice the low resolution of the photo and the ink behind the paper I will try to correct my mistake .and I will take your comments in my mind . Thank you again

Last edited:
Likes WWGD

1. What is the Cauchy first equation of motion in Continuum Physics?

The Cauchy first equation of motion, also known as the balance of linear momentum, is a fundamental equation in Continuum Physics that describes the relationship between the stress acting on a material and the acceleration of the material. It states that the rate of change of linear momentum within a material is equal to the sum of the forces acting on the material.

2. How is the Cauchy first equation of motion derived?

The Cauchy first equation of motion is derived from Newton's second law of motion, which states that the force acting on an object is equal to the rate of change of its momentum. By considering a small volume element within a material and applying Newton's second law to that element, we can derive the Cauchy first equation of motion.

3. What is the significance of the Cauchy first equation of motion in Continuum Physics?

The Cauchy first equation of motion is significant because it provides a fundamental relationship between the stress and acceleration of a material. This equation is essential for understanding the behavior of materials under various loading conditions and is used in the analysis of mechanical systems in Continuum Physics.

4. How is the Cauchy first equation of motion used in practical applications?

The Cauchy first equation of motion is used in practical applications to analyze the deformation and stress distribution within materials under different loading conditions. By solving this equation along with other equations of motion, engineers and scientists can predict the behavior of materials and design structures that can withstand various forces.

5. Are there any limitations to the Cauchy first equation of motion?

While the Cauchy first equation of motion is a powerful tool for analyzing the behavior of materials, it does have limitations. This equation assumes that the material is continuous and homogeneous, which may not always be the case in real-world scenarios. Additionally, it does not take into account the effects of temperature, strain rate, or other factors that can influence the material's behavior.