Copy and paste from mathematica

In summary, there is a recurring problem with copying equations from Mathematica into MS Word using MS Equation's Editor or Mathtype. One potential solution is to use the "Paste Other" command, but this may not always work due to compatibility issues between the two programs. A quick search on the comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica group shows that others have also encountered similar problems.
jemma
How can I copy an equation from mathematica into MS word so that it looks nice and is able to be edited using MS Equation's Editor/Mathtype?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
jemma said:
How can I copy an equation from mathematica into MS word so that it looks nice and is able to be edited using MS Equation's Editor/Mathtype?

Thanks.

The only thing I can think of is using the "Paste Other" command.

The thing is with OLE technologies, is that if the type of object exported is not recognizable by another program, then it will not be able to be "converted" to the format the program realizes.

1. What is "Copy and paste from Mathematica"?

"Copy and paste from Mathematica" refers to the process of copying mathematical equations or expressions from the Mathematica software and pasting them into other programs or documents.

2. How do I copy and paste from Mathematica?

To copy and paste from Mathematica, simply select the equation or expression you want to copy, right-click and choose "Copy As" and then select the desired format (such as plain text or MathML). You can then paste the copied content into another program or document.

3. Can I paste Mathematica equations into Microsoft Word or other word processing programs?

Yes, you can paste Mathematica equations into most word processing programs. However, the formatting may not always be preserved, so you may need to adjust the font or spacing to make the equation appear correctly.

4. Are there any limitations to copying and pasting from Mathematica?

Yes, there are some limitations to copying and pasting from Mathematica. For example, if you are pasting equations into a program that does not support MathML, the equations may not appear correctly. Additionally, complex equations with special formatting may not be preserved when pasting into other programs.

5. Can I use "Copy and paste from Mathematica" for commercial purposes?

Yes, you can use "Copy and paste from Mathematica" for commercial purposes as long as you have a valid license for the software. However, you should always check the terms and conditions of your license to ensure that you are using the software appropriately for your specific purposes.