Could use some help for this statistics/math problem

• MHB
  • Thread starter kimchuu
  • Start date
In summary, the first question is difficult to read and the second question is a left-skewed distribution.
kimchuu
Hello Everyone!
I really need help on 2 questions and it is due tomorrow! So please help me when u can and ASAPhttps://mathhelpboards.com/attachments/1653533132259-png.11810/

So for this one, this was easy, except for the 31-40 interval I'm not sure if it's 4.5, cause it's not necessarily exactly between and half of 4 and 5 and for the 41-50 interval I'm not sure if its actually a 3 and its somewhat confusing. Does anyone care to enlighten me?

https://mathhelpboards.com/attachments/1653533246775-png.11811/

For this one, I am also confused. For my answer I believe it is approximately symmetric, you know what I did? So I did like what you usually do I add and replace the bars so all of them can look symmetric,
and then for the last one it stays as 12 and if I break/divide it by 2, you get 6, and that will be perfectly symmetric. The thing is I don't know if my thesis is correct.
PLEASE KINDLY
HELP ME ASAP

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Hi kimchuu,

Question 1

I agree with you that this histogram is difficult to read. The bar for 31-40 is indeed above 4 slightly. The thing to keep in mind here is that the vertical axis represents number of players, which can't be a decimal value like 4.5. Unfortunately, this graph is not the best. It is up to you whether to choose 4 or 5 as the value for the 31-40 range, but I would say it's 4.

Question 2

This is an example of a left-skewed distribution. See image below.

histogram-shapes.png

GJA said:
Hi kimchuu,

Question 1

I agree with you that this histogram is difficult to read. The bar for 31-40 is indeed above 4 slightly. The thing to keep in mind here is that the vertical axis represents number of players, which can't be a decimal value like 4.5. Unfortunately, this graph is not the best. It is up to you whether to choose 4 or 5 as the answer, but I would say it's 4.

Question 2

This is an example of a left-skewed distribution. See image below.

View attachment 11812
Oh yeah, I guess I got kinda confused for question 2, thank you!

1. What is the problem asking for?

The problem is asking for assistance with a statistics or math problem. It is likely that the individual has attempted to solve the problem but is struggling and needs clarification or guidance.

2. What information is needed to solve the problem?

To solve the problem, the individual will need to provide all relevant information given in the problem, such as data sets, equations, and any specific instructions or requirements. It may also be helpful to know what methods or techniques have already been attempted.

3. How long will it take to solve the problem?

The time it takes to solve the problem will vary depending on the complexity of the problem, the individual's understanding of the concept, and the availability of resources. It is important to allocate enough time to thoroughly understand and solve the problem.

4. Can you provide a step-by-step solution?

As a scientist, I can provide guidance and explain the steps needed to solve the problem. However, it is important for individuals to also try to understand the concepts and methods used in the solution in order to improve their own problem-solving skills.

5. Are there any helpful resources or tools for solving the problem?

There are many resources available for solving statistics and math problems, such as textbooks, online tutorials, and software programs. It may also be helpful to consult with a tutor or seek assistance from a teacher or colleague. It is important to use reliable and credible resources to ensure accurate solutions.