Designing an Electronic Timer Circuit Using NE555 IC or BC548 Transistor

In summary, the conversation revolves around designing a simple electronic timer circuit using NE555 IC or BC548 Transistor. The person requesting help has a circuit that is not working and is asking for assistance in finding a tested circuit diagram. They mention the use of at least two transistors to get a waveform and the possibility of needing a counter. The NE555 IC is a popular and widely used timer IC, introduced in 1971 and still used today due to its ease of use, low price, and stability. The conversation ends with the person suggesting to post a drawing of the attempted circuit and providing additional resources for troubleshooting.
pmostafa
Dear

I would like to design a simple electronic timer circuit by other NE555 IC or BC548 Transistor. I’ve got a circuit but it doesn’t work. Would you please me in this regard?

Appreciate, if you would get back to me with tested circuit diagram at your best possible time.

Regards

Pervez

Engineering news on Phys.org
pmostafa said:
Dear

I would like to design a simple electronic timer circuit by other NE555 IC or BC548 Transistor. I’ve got a circuit but it doesn’t work. Would you please me in this regard?

Appreciate, if you would get back to me with tested circuit diagram at your best possible time.

Regards

Pervez

Can you post your schematic and a picture of your breadboard?

you'll need at least 2 transistors to get a waveform, I don't think it can be done with one transistor and you said timer (aka counter), you can't make that with the parts your describing.

?

NE555 is the ubiquitous Signetics timer IC ,
Introduced in 1971 by American company Signetics, the 555 is still in widespread use due to its ease of use, low price, and stability. It is now made by many companies in the original bipolar and also in low-power CMOS types. As of 2003, it was estimated that 1 billion units are manufactured every year.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/555_timer_IC

Plenty of information here to help you figure out why your circuit doesn't work.
http://my.ece.ucsb.edu/York/Bobsclass/2C/Tutorials/App%20notes/555an.pdf

as Berkeman said, post a drawing of what you tried...

the 555 produces pulses or waveforms, my mistake I saw the word timer and thought of counter. don't mind me I'm stupid today :wideeyed:

1. What is an electronic timer circuit?

An electronic timer circuit is an electronic device that uses electronic components to measure and control time intervals. It is commonly used in electronic appliances such as microwave ovens, washing machines, and alarm clocks.

2. How does an electronic timer circuit work?

An electronic timer circuit typically consists of a timer IC, a clock oscillator, a counter, and output switches. The timer IC acts as the brain of the circuit, while the clock oscillator generates the pulses that keep track of time. The counter counts the pulses and controls the output switches, which turn on or off at specific time intervals.

3. What are the advantages of using an electronic timer circuit?

Electronic timer circuits offer several advantages over mechanical timers. They are more accurate, reliable, and versatile, as they can be programmed to time intervals of any length. They also require less maintenance and are more compact, making them suitable for a variety of electronic devices.

4. How do you design an electronic timer circuit?

Designing an electronic timer circuit involves selecting the appropriate timer IC, choosing the clock oscillator frequency, and determining the time interval and output switches. It also requires knowledge of electronic components and circuitry, as well as careful planning and testing to ensure the circuit functions correctly.

5. What are some potential applications of electronic timer circuits?

Electronic timer circuits have a wide range of applications, including controlling the timing of electronic appliances, measuring and recording time intervals in experiments, and automating processes in industrial settings. They are also commonly used in electronic toys, security systems, and automotive electronics.