Designing microgenerator with Ansoft Maxwell

In summary, the conversation is about designing an energy harvester using a magnetic spring. The person has already done a magnetostatic analysis but is now facing difficulties with the force-displacement curve and calculating the output power from the winding. They are looking to design a magnetic spring with high linearity and better power output. They are seeking help with Ansoft Maxwell from someone who has experience with it and a paper on the design of a linearized magnetic spring is recommended.
jahedcuet
I am designing an energy harvester consisting of a magnetic spring.
The figure is given in the attachment.
I have done the magnetostatic analysis (using Ansoft Maxwell 2D). But, now I am facing problem with -
  • Force vs displacement curve of the moving magnet
  • To calculate the output power (Voltage+current) from the winding arround the magnetic spring

I need to design a magnetic spring with highest linearity (linear force-displacement curve) and to get better power output from the winding.
I am beginner with ansoft maxwell. Can anyone help me in this regard?

Thanks

Attachments

• Magnetic_spring.PNG
    Magnetic_spring.PNG
    16.8 KB · Views: 648
  • Energy harvester.png
    Energy harvester.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 668
  • Harvester_cross_section_in_RZ_plane.PNG
    Harvester_cross_section_in_RZ_plane.PNG
    729 bytes · Views: 629
Engineering news on Phys.org
I have also a similar problem with Ansoft Maxwell !

This paper 'Design of a linearized magnetic spring for body-worn inertial energy harvesters' may help you out.
Thanks.

1. What is Ansoft Maxwell and how does it relate to designing microgenerators?

Ansoft Maxwell is a software tool used for designing and simulating electromagnetic components and systems. It can be used to model and optimize the design of microgenerators, which are small-scale power generators that convert mechanical energy into electrical energy.

2. What are the key features of Ansoft Maxwell that make it suitable for designing microgenerators?

Ansoft Maxwell offers a variety of features such as 2D and 3D modeling capabilities, advanced material libraries, and a user-friendly interface. It also has a powerful solver that can accurately simulate the electromagnetic behavior of microgenerators.

3. Can Ansoft Maxwell be used for both traditional and renewable energy microgenerators?

Yes, Ansoft Maxwell can be used for designing microgenerators that utilize both traditional and renewable energy sources. Its versatile simulation capabilities make it suitable for a wide range of microgenerator designs.

4. How can Ansoft Maxwell help with the optimization of microgenerator designs?

Ansoft Maxwell has built-in optimization tools that can help identify the best design parameters for a microgenerator. These tools can also analyze the performance of different design variations and suggest improvements for maximum efficiency.

5. Is Ansoft Maxwell suitable for beginners in microgenerator design?

While Ansoft Maxwell offers a user-friendly interface, it is recommended that users have some knowledge and experience in electromagnetic theory and microgenerator design before using the software. There are also resources and tutorials available to help beginners get started with Ansoft Maxwell.