Differentiate, but do not simplify: ##y=3ln(4-x+5x^2)##

In summary, the conversation is about using Latex to solve a problem and the offer of assistance if needed. The speaker also questions why the other person is unsure when they seem confident.
ttpp1124
Homework Statement
can someone check to see if my work is correct?
Relevant Equations
n/a
IMG_4238.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
It looks like there's a "u" term in your answer but none in the original problem. A typo?

DaveE said:
It looks like there's a "u" term in your answer but none in the original problem. A typo?
please excuse me horrible writing, it's supposed to be a 4

OK, then I'm happy. I'm not sure about the do not simplify part, it looks pretty simple already!

ttpp1124 said:
please excuse me horrible writing, it's supposed to be a 4

A solution to this problem is by using Latex. It is really not that hard: write what you would expect and put it between double hashtags:

I promise we will be there to help you learn it if you struggle!

Likes ttpp1124
What part of this calculation were you not confident about? Why do you ask, instead of knowing you are correct?

Likes DrClaude

1. What is the purpose of differentiating but not simplifying an equation?

The purpose of differentiating but not simplifying an equation is to find the derivative of the function without changing its form. This allows for a more accurate representation of the original function and can be useful in solving complex problems.

2. How do you differentiate a logarithmic function?

To differentiate a logarithmic function, you can use the power rule, which states that the derivative of ln(x) is 1/x. In the case of the given equation, the derivative would be 3/(4-x+5x^2).

3. Why is it important to not simplify the equation before differentiating?

Simplifying the equation before differentiating can result in a loss of information and may not accurately represent the original function. By differentiating without simplifying, the derivative will be in its most accurate form.

4. Can you simplify the equation after differentiating?

Yes, you can simplify the equation after differentiating if needed. However, it is important to note that simplifying may result in a loss of information and may not accurately represent the original function.

5. How can differentiating without simplifying be useful in real-world applications?

Differentiating without simplifying can be useful in real-world applications, such as in physics and engineering, where precise calculations are necessary. It allows for a more accurate representation of the original function and can help in solving complex problems.