Disney World PF Gathering and Tips for Disney Mania!

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
In summary: This couscous and tagine restaurant is quite popular and usually has a long wait. Try coming at night when it’s less crowded.9. Yacht Club at the Epcot resort – This club has a beautiful view of the fireworks show at Epcot. However, this is a “resort” so it’s quite pricey. You may be able to get in if you call the club in advance and ask if there are any openings.10. The Living Seas – Usually there are long lines for this aquarium, but it’s worth the wait. You get to see all kinds of neat fish and amphibians.
  • #1,261
Looks like the Orlando theme parks are crowded this season, bringing a bright outlook for tourism in the area.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/custom/tourism/orl-tourism2605nov26,0,839684.story

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,262
I'm going to Disney...I'm going to Disney...I'm going to Disney! I just booked everything! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

• #1,263
<ZapperZ jumps up and down... up and down... up and down...>

Oooh, I'd better stop doing that since I am not wearing any pants.

Excellent, Moonbie dear. I can make my birthday dinner reservation now. Expect dinning with the characters if I can get it. :)

In the mean time, this is what we can look forward to... <sigh, wish I could be there now...>

Zz.

vacation20023854uf.jpg

• #1,264
ZapperZ said:
Oooh, I'd better stop doing that since I am not wearing any pants.
:uhh: You'll wear pants when I see you, right? :uhh:

Excellent, Moonbie dear. I can make my birthday dinner reservation now. Expect dinning with the characters if I can get it. :)
Oh...fun, fun, fun! :biggrin: It's a gray, rainy morning, and I'm still smiling in anticipation. :biggrin:

• #1,265
Oh brother.

They are now going to release "Greeting Card" pins! And the ones I've seen so far are gorgeous. There will be a total 9 of these pins for all the various resorts. They're killing me, I tell ya!

And Moonbie, here's the one for Disney Beach Club resort. It's the Nephews! Let's home there's some of these left in January.

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904396.jpg

• #1,266
A Florida local news did its own "research" on the amount of g-force that riders on Florida's popular rides are subjected to. A few of these include Disney's most popular attractions.

http://www.local6.com/news/5423136/detail.html

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #1,267
That's nothing, i went on Kingda-Ka baby, i can handle anything.

• #1,268
ZapperZ said:
Oh brother.
They are now going to release "Greeting Card" pins! And the ones I've seen so far are gorgeous. There will be a total 9 of these pins for all the various resorts. They're killing me, I tell ya!
And Moonbie, here's the one for Disney Beach Club resort. It's the Nephews! Let's home there's some of these left in January.
Zz.
http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904396.jpg
Hmm...let's see...I probably should get Zz a birthday card if I'm going to join him on his birthday dinner. Hmm...cards are just SOOOOOO hard to pick out...what to get? What to get? And of course he never talks about anything he likes, it's just so difficult to figure out what his interests are. :biggrin:

• #1,269
you can't go wrong with power tools

• #1,270
Moonbear said:
Hmm...let's see...I probably should get Zz a birthday card if I'm going to join him on his birthday dinner. Hmm...cards are just SOOOOOO hard to pick out...what to get? What to get? And of course he never talks about anything he likes, it's just so difficult to figure out what his interests are. :biggrin:

But Moonbie dear, you ALREADY got me a gift! You will be at Disney World with me!

<ZapperZ jumps up and down... up and down... but this time, he's fully clothed>

Zz.

• #1,271
ZapperZ said:
But Moonbie dear, you ALREADY got me a gift! You will be at Disney World with me!
<ZapperZ jumps up and down... up and down... but this time, he's fully clothed>
Zz.
*peeks from between fingers covering eyes* Phew! It's just never flattering for a guy to jump up and down with no pants on. :biggrin: Careful with comments like that or Arildno is going to slap us with one of his flirtation alerts! :rofl:

• #1,272
Moonbear said:
Careful with comments like that or Arildno is going to slap us with one of his flirtation alerts! :rofl:

Oh no, he won't, because I flirt with him too!

:)

Zz.

• #1,273
Enter the world of Narnia:

http://disney.go.com/inside/issues/stories/v051129.html

Zz.

• #1,274
OK, this is getting a bit too much... Oh, what am I saying? You can never have too much of these things! :)

They have Jumbo pins. And now, an ominous signs of things to come, they will now have SUPER Jumbo pins. The first one of these will be released at the Disneyland Resort (meaning I can't possibly get my hands on them). I hate to say this, but this one is a winner. It's a character tree, which is a christmas tree filled with Disney characters - Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Pluto and Tinker Bell. And get this, the "pin" will be 7.75" tall by 4.75" wide, and will be in a presentation box approximately 11" tall by 8.25" wide. They really should stop calling it a pin and call it something else... like money trap. This monster will retail for $55. Yikes!

I want one!

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10193554.jpg

• #1,275
I'm pretty sure something that large should not be a pin...a wall plaque maybe...but not a pin! :bugeye:

• #1,276
Moonbear said:
I'm pretty sure something that large should not be a pin...a wall plaque maybe...but not a pin! :bugeye:

A wall plaque... Humm... Now why didn't I think of that? I have a few square inches of wall-space left in my office. Disney plaques would fit in very nicely in those exposed areas!

OK, they need to make more of those! :)

BTW, my Disney christmas "toys" are out in force, both in the house and in my office. 2 of my coworkers are bringing in their kids to work this Friday just so they could see my "decorated" office.

I should charge admission! :)

Zz.

• #1,277
They are looking for volunteers for Disney Marathon. You might get tickets for free admission to WDW theme parks.

http://www.westorangetimes.com/articles/2005/11/30/news/sports/sports03.txt

Zz.

• #1,278
Zz, do you not sleep, or are you one of those crazy morning people that you have a post so early in the morning? Just in case you haven't figured it out yet, I am NOT a morning person (I was just eyeing up the Grumpy PJs in the Disney Catalog that say, "If I'm grumpy, it must be morning," or something like that. :biggrin:). If you make any attempts to make me a morning person while we're at Disney, I can't guarantee your safety or that you won't have anything within arm's reach thrown at you. :biggrin:

• #1,279
Moonbear said:
Zz, do you not sleep, or are you one of those crazy morning people that you have a post so early in the morning? Just in case you haven't figured it out yet, I am NOT a morning person (I was just eyeing up the Grumpy PJs in the Disney Catalog that say, "If I'm grumpy, it must be morning," or something like that. :biggrin:). If you make any attempts to make me a morning person while we're at Disney, I can't guarantee your safety or that you won't have anything within arm's reach thrown at you. :biggrin:

Oh dear...

I am guilty as charged. I am one of those "crazy morning people". I LOVE MORNINGS! I have problems staying awake in the evenings, but I'm wide awake in the mornings and do some of my best work at that time.

Humm... does that mean that dragging you out to be in front of the Magic Kingdom by 8:00 am during their Extra Magical Hour is out of the question? Now this could be a problem. :)

Never mind. You can sleep in. Just call us when you wake up to see where we are, and take the Disney bus there. Phew! I'm just glad that I didn't make any reservation for Character Breakfast. That would have been a problem, especially with you in your Grumpy PJ.

Zz.

• #1,280
Ooooh... they're starting to list all the New Years pins that will be released at the end of the year. There is a gorgeous jumbo pin of Cinderella's Castle, and the top of it flips open to reveal Donald Duck, Goofy and Pluto holding up the numbers "2006".

This pin will be released on New Year's eve, so we should be able to get one.

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904453.jpg

• #1,281
  • #1,282
ZapperZ said:
Ooooh... they're starting to list all the New Years pins that will be released at the end of the year. There is a gorgeous jumbo pin of Cinderella's Castle, and the top of it flips open to reveal Donald Duck, Goofy and Pluto holding up the numbers "2006".

Zz.

Ooh, that's beautiful! We'll definitely have to go find that one!

• #1,283
ZapperZ said:
Oh dear...
I am guilty as charged. I am one of those "crazy morning people". I LOVE MORNINGS! I have problems staying awake in the evenings, but I'm wide awake in the mornings and do some of my best work at that time.
Ugh. Yep, I'll just call when I wake up. It's best if I'm not around morning people until the coffee has had time to kick in. :uhh:

Humm... does that mean that dragging you out to be in front of the Magic Kingdom by 8:00 am during their Extra Magical Hour is out of the question? Now this could be a problem. :)
We'll see. 8 AM might not be too bad if I don't have to go too far to find breakfast first. But I'll definitely be up for the extra magical hours at night!

Never mind. You can sleep in. Just call us when you wake up to see where we are, and take the Disney bus there. Phew! I'm just glad that I didn't make any reservation for Character Breakfast. That would have been a problem, especially with you in your Grumpy PJ.
Zz.

I can't go to breakfast in my Grumpy PJs? Well, forget it then! :grumpy:

• #1,284
ZapperZ said:

Zz.

:cry: That's beautiful!

I can't go in January. :cry: :cry:

Evo<-----crawls under a rock and dies of sadness

• #1,285
Evo said:
:cry: I was really sorry to hear that when Zz broke the news that you wouldn't be joining us. :frown:

I booked it in the nick of time! Someone tried roping me into a meeting smack dab in the middle of the week that would have made it impossible to get away...and I was fortunately able to tell them I already had a vacation booked. :biggrin:

• #1,286
Evo said:

You will be sadly missed, Evo dear... :(

But think about this... at the rate that I go to WDW each year, you will have plenty of opportunity to go with me. And who knows, if Moonbie survive this trip, she might be inclinded to come back! :) I probably won't go again next year for my birthday, but I'm booked already for the Memorial Day Week trip (my mini "Grand Tour" of Disneyland and Disney World), and I'm almost certain of the Labor Day Week trip in Sept.

So you'd better come along on one of those trips or I'll come to where you are and drag you along! And I don't mean dressing you up in men's clothes either!

Zz.

• #1,287
Moonbear said:
I can't go to breakfast in my Grumpy PJs? Well, forget it then! :grumpy:

No, grumpynes (grumpiness?) is definitely not allowed at the Happiest Place On Earth, unless you are auditioning for the part of Cruella deVille. :)

Zz.

• #1,288
Awww... I want this pin! It's Pooh and Friends! And I love Winnie the Pooh!

I must say that ALL the pins released for the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party have been consistently of very high quality. It is almost tempting to try and attend one of these next year, but that's probably not going to happen. With such limited quantity, and the large number of people attending this event, I doubt that there will be any leftover by January. :(

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10931556.jpg

• #1,289
The holiday Greeting Card pins are being released today. I've already posted the greeting card pins for the Disney's Beach Club Resort. Right next to the Beach Club is the Disney's Yacht Club Resort. Michael Eisner, when he was CEO of Disney, stayed here whenever he was in town, so this is his (and his wife's) favorite resort.

Anyway, the greeting card pin for the Yacht Club is a good one. Since Evo, Moonbie, and I are partial to Chip and Dale, I thought I'd post the picture of the pin here.

I also realized that, even though all of these pins are limited edition of 1000, they are ONLY being released at the resort they are named for. So, casual collectors would probably not go to all of these resorts and buy them - only serious collectors like me would be nutty enough to do that. What this means is that there could still be a reasonable chance to find these pins in early January (crossing fingers).

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904401.jpg

Last edited:
  • #1,290
Watch the trailer for Pirates of the Caribbean II : Dead Man's Chest.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/piratesofthecaribbeandeadmanschest.html

Zz.

• #1,291
ZapperZ said:
No, grumpynes (grumpiness?) is definitely not allowed at the Happiest Place On Earth, unless you are auditioning for the part of Cruella deVille. :)
Zz.
Ooh, I could do that. :devil: Now get me those Dalmations! :devil:

• #1,292
ZapperZ said:
What this means is that there could still be a reasonable chance to find these pins in early January (crossing fingers).
Zz.
http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904401.jpg
When I get there and you drive over to my hotel to pick me up, we can head there first to see if they still have them! :biggrin:

• #1,293
Moonbear said:
When I get there and you drive over to my hotel to pick me up, we can head there first to see if they still have them! :biggrin:

Actually, the Yacht Club is just literally next door to the Beach Club. You can just walk over there. :)

Besides, I've decided that when you call us, we're going to kidnap you to Disney/MGM Studios. We're going to go see the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights that evening.

Zz.

• #1,294
ZapperZ said:
Actually, the Yacht Club is just literally next door to the Beach Club. You can just walk over there. :)
Besides, I've decided that when you call us, we're going to kidnap you to Disney/MGM Studios. We're going to go see the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights that evening.
Zz.
Moonbear call him now. It will save you a plane ticket.

• #1,295
ZapperZ said:
I can, but I thought you might want one too. :biggrin:

Zz.
Cool! I can't wait! I was just telling my sister all about it (with the promise that I will not help her pick out a new computer if she tells Mom that I'm going to be in FL without planning to visit).