Drawing Circuits: Correctly Drawing NAND and NOR Gates with 2 Inputs

In summary, NAND and NOR gates are logic gates used in digital circuits that can implement any other logic gate. They are named "universal gates" and have two or more inputs. To draw a NAND or NOR gate with two inputs, start by drawing a rectangle with a small curve on the left side and two lines coming out from the top and bottom. Connect these lines to two circles on the left side and label the output line with a small curve on the right side. The main difference between NAND and NOR gates is the number of inputs they have, and the output of a NAND gate is the inverse of the AND function while the output of a NOR gate is the inverse of the OR function. It is important to draw these gates correctly to
MissP.25_5
Hello.
Can someone check if I drew the circuit for (a) correctly? By the way, I translated the question wrong, it doesn't actually mean 2 NAND gates or 2 NOR gates, it just means NAND gates with 2 inputs and NOR gates with 2 inputs.
And how to do the second one?

Attachments

• IMG_6614.jpg
    IMG_6614.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_6685.jpg
    IMG_6685.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 426
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Check what your logic circuit itself will output with A=B=C=1

You seem to be saying I need the OR of two ANDs so I'll use the NOR of two NANDs. Maybe these are not equivalent?

Last edited:

1. What are NAND and NOR gates?

NAND and NOR gates are logic gates used in digital circuits. They are called "universal gates" because they can be used to implement any other logic gate. NAND stands for "NOT AND" and NOR stands for "NOT OR".

2. How do I draw a NAND gate with 2 inputs?

To draw a NAND gate with 2 inputs, start by drawing a rectangle with a small curve on the left side. Then, draw two lines coming out from the top and bottom of the rectangle. Connect these lines to two circles on the left side of the rectangle. Finally, label the output line with a small curve on the right side of the rectangle.

3. How do I draw a NOR gate with 2 inputs?

To draw a NOR gate with 2 inputs, start by drawing a rectangle with a small curve on the left side. Then, draw two lines coming out from the top and bottom of the rectangle. Connect these lines to two circles on the left side of the rectangle. Finally, label the output line with a small curve on the right side of the rectangle.

4. What are the differences between NAND and NOR gates?

The main difference between NAND and NOR gates is the number of inputs they have. NAND gates have two or more inputs, while NOR gates have two or more inputs. Additionally, the output of a NAND gate is the inverse of the AND function, while the output of a NOR gate is the inverse of the OR function.

5. Why is it important to draw NAND and NOR gates correctly?

Drawing NAND and NOR gates correctly is important because it ensures that the circuit will function properly. If the gates are not drawn correctly, the circuit may not produce the desired output. Additionally, drawing the gates correctly makes it easier for others to understand and troubleshoot the circuit.