How to Calculate Vmax in a Circuit Equation?

• Thread starter Alt+F4
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circuits
In summary, a circuit is a closed pathway through which electric current flows, consisting of a power source, wires, and components that manipulate the flow. It works by allowing charges to flow through the components, and can be either in series or parallel. Ohm's law relates the current, voltage, and resistance in a circuit. To troubleshoot a circuit, check connections, measure voltage and current, and potentially replace components or consult a professional.
Alt+F4
I don't know if ineed sleep

but I am stuck on question 1

http://online.physics.uiuc.edu/cgi/courses/shell/phys102/fall06/prep2a.pl?practice/exam2/fa04

Vmax = I Max XL

(.1) = (X) 10^-5

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Alt+F4 said:
I don't know if ineed sleep

but I am stuck on question 1

http://online.physics.uiuc.edu/cgi/courses/shell/phys102/fall06/prep2a.pl?practice/exam2/fa04 Vmax = I Max XL

(.1) = (X) 10^-5
Your answer Vmax = I Max XL is correct if by XL you mean XL. Now what is the expression for XL (the inductive reactance)?

AM

Last edited by a moderator:

It appears that you are struggling with a question related to circuits and maximum voltage. It is important to get enough sleep in order to maintain cognitive function and effectively solve complex problems. As for the question, it seems to involve calculating the maximum voltage (Vmax) using the maximum current (Imax) and inductive reactance (XL). Remember to use the appropriate units and equations to solve the problem. If you are still stuck, try reviewing your notes or consulting with a classmate or instructor for further assistance.

Related to How to Calculate Vmax in a Circuit Equation?

1. What is a circuit?

A circuit is a closed pathway through which electric current flows. It typically consists of a power source, such as a battery, wires to carry the current, and various components, such as resistors and switches, that manipulate the flow of electricity.

2. How does a circuit work?

A circuit works by allowing electric charges to flow from the power source through the wires to the various components and back to the power source. The components in the circuit, such as resistors, can control the flow of electricity and change its characteristics, such as voltage and current.

3. What is the difference between series and parallel circuits?

In a series circuit, all components are connected in a single pathway, so the current flows through each component in turn. In a parallel circuit, the components are connected in separate branches, so the current can flow through each branch simultaneously. This results in different voltage and current characteristics for each type of circuit.

4. What is Ohm's law and how does it relate to circuits?

Ohm's law states that the current flowing through a circuit is directly proportional to the voltage and inversely proportional to the resistance. This means that as the voltage increases, the current increases, and as the resistance increases, the current decreases. This law is essential in understanding and designing circuits.

5. How can I troubleshoot a circuit that is not working?

There are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot a circuit. First, check that all components are connected correctly and that there are no loose connections. Then, use a multimeter to measure the voltage and current at different points in the circuit to identify any issues. If necessary, you can also replace components to see if that solves the problem. If all else fails, consult a professional or refer to a circuit diagram for guidance.