EE PF Projects Contests Interest

In summary, the conversation is about conducting DIY project contests on PF, specifically related to Arduino and other hardware options. The thread is used to gauge interest from users before proceeding with the idea. One person suggests incorporating software solutions, but another prefers more hardware options. Someone else suggests mirroring the "Math Challenge" threads in the Math forums and issuing engineering DIY challenges with design submissions.

EE PF Projects Contests Interest.

• I would like to participate, but do not know how it would work and would like more info.

• Nice idea, but not interested.

• Not interested, do not know how could work, don't encourage anything further with this.

• I am ready, even today. I am interested.

Results are only viewable after voting.
ISamson
Gold Member
Hello.
I would be interested in conducting some EE DIY project contests on PF.
Arduino and such. Some examples could be on arduino.cc and hackster.io.
This thread is for me to get the numbers of users interested, so I could decide if to proceed with the idea or not.
Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
If a software solution is accepted then I’d be interested.

Verification could be done by video and some diagrams of the circuit or software used. Basically show how you built it and show it working in your video.

jedishrfu said:
If a software solution is accepted then I’d be interested.

Depends on what you mean by software.
I would deeply prefer more hardware options, thanks.

ISamson said:
Hello.
I would be interested in conducting some EE DIY project contests on PF.
Arduino and such. Some examples could be on arduino.cc and hackster.io.
This thread is for me to get the numbers of users interested, so I could decide if to proceed with the idea or not.
Thanks.
Maybe a better approach on the PF would be to figure out how to mirror the amazing "Math Challenge" threads in the Math forums. Maybe we could issue a Basic or Intermediate Engineering DIY Challenge with a subject and have entries submitted somehow. I think it would only be practical (at first) with paper (PDF) design submissions, but maybe it could go somewhere farther eventually.

Likes scottdave

What is an EE PF Project?

An EE PF Project stands for Electrical Engineering Power and Frequency Project. It is a project that focuses on the power and frequency aspects of electrical engineering, typically involving research, design, and implementation of a specific electrical system or device.

What is the purpose of EE PF Projects?

The purpose of EE PF Projects is to advance the field of electrical engineering by exploring new ideas and technologies related to power and frequency. These projects also serve as a platform for students and professionals to gain hands-on experience and apply their knowledge in a practical setting.

What are some examples of EE PF Projects?

Some examples of EE PF Projects include designing a renewable energy system, creating a power-efficient circuit, or developing a frequency control system for a power grid. These projects can vary in scope and complexity, depending on the goals and resources available.

How are EE PF Projects evaluated?

EE PF Projects are typically evaluated based on their technical merit, innovation, feasibility, and potential impact. Judges may also consider the project's presentation, documentation, and teamwork. The specific criteria for evaluation may vary depending on the contest or competition.

What are some popular EE PF Project contests and competitions?

Some popular EE PF Project contests and competitions include the IEEE Power and Energy Society's Student Congress, the National Renewable Energy Laboratory's Collegiate Wind Competition, and the Power Electronics Society's Student Project Demonstration Competition. These events provide opportunities for students to showcase their projects and compete with others from around the world.