Emission of a moving particle

In summary, the problem is to find the time interval for an electron, with mass m, to decrease its energy by 10 times due to emission while moving in a constant homogeneous magnetic field H. The relevant equations are m*a=(e/c)*(v⊥)*H for the Lorentz force and dE/dt=-2e4v⊥2H2/(3m2c5) for intensity. The next step involves solving a differential equation by taking integrals over d(v⊥2) from v2 to v2/10 and dt from 0 to t.
Maximtopsecret

Homework Statement

Electron e, mass m, moves in constant homogeneous magnetic field H. Find time interval for electron's energy to decrease 10 times due to emission.

Homework Equations

I know for sure from the class that m*a=(e/c)*(v⊥)*H (Lorentz force); intensity -I=dE/dt=-2e4v⊥2H2/(3m2c5)
dE/dt=(m/2)*d(v⊥2)/dt;
here we have d(v⊥2)/dt=-4e4v⊥2H2/(3m3c5)

The Attempt at a Solution

The problem is in the next step. What should I do further? I have a differential equation. May I take an integral over d(v⊥2) from v2 to v2/10 and on the other side of equation take an integral over dt from 0 to t?[/sup]

Physics news on Phys.org
After rearranging, you can do that.

Likes Maximtopsecret

Related to Emission of a moving particle

1. What is the definition of "emission of a moving particle"?

The emission of a moving particle refers to the release of energy or matter in the form of particles from a moving source.

2. How is the emission of a moving particle different from the emission of a stationary particle?

The main difference is that a moving particle has both kinetic energy from its motion and potential energy from its position, while a stationary particle only has potential energy.

3. What factors affect the emission of a moving particle?

The factors that affect the emission of a moving particle include the speed and direction of the particle's movement, the type and amount of energy being emitted, and any external forces acting on the particle.

4. How does the emission of a moving particle relate to the laws of thermodynamics?

The emission of a moving particle follows the laws of thermodynamics, specifically the first and second laws which govern the conservation of energy and the increase of entropy in a closed system.

5. What practical applications does the study of emission of a moving particle have?

The study of emission of moving particles has many applications, including understanding radioactive decay, designing propulsion systems for spacecraft, and developing medical imaging techniques.