Engineering: Germany or France

In summary, the conversation was about whether it is better to study engineering in France or Germany, specifically in the fields of electronics, mechatronics, automotive, and physics (astro physics and particle physics). The person asking for help was interested in university ratings and the quality of engineering education in both countries. The group's consensus was that Germany is known for its strong engineering reputation and it would be a good choice to study there. The conversation also briefly mentioned the reputation of German engineering, referencing a popular commercial.
hisham.i
Hello,

I would like to ask from your experience, is it preferable to study engineering(electronics, mechatronics, automotive,..) in france or germany? and please advise good universities.

Also concerning physics( astro physics, and particle physics) study in germany or france?

Physics news on Phys.org
Guys, no body wants to share his experience or information?
Please i need help

Which language do you speak better? Go there.

Personally I associate Germany much more with engineering than I do France. That might just be an American bias but "German engineering" is equivalent of good quality in colloquial language here.

I am asking for my students,
They are english educated and have french background, but in all cases they should enter special school to learn french or german.
So the language is not the big deal, i am asking university rating and engineering quality wise.
Which is better?

would you buy a German car or french 1 ?? :)
go with Germany for sure.

Fast forward to 0:20. You know the Germans always make good stuff...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fitaESmEsi4

What are the major differences between engineering in Germany and France?

Engineering in Germany and France both have a strong focus on precision and efficiency. However, Germany tends to have a more traditional approach and places a strong emphasis on theoretical knowledge, while France tends to have a more creative and innovative approach.

Which country has a better reputation for engineering?

Both Germany and France have a strong reputation for engineering. Germany is known for its precision and quality, while France is known for its creativity and innovative solutions. It ultimately depends on the specific field of engineering and personal preferences.

What are the top engineering industries in Germany and France?

In Germany, the top engineering industries include automotive, machinery, and electrical engineering. In France, the top industries include aerospace, nuclear, and transportation engineering.

What are the educational requirements for becoming an engineer in Germany and France?

In both Germany and France, a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in engineering is required to become an engineer. However, in Germany, a Master's degree is often preferred and may be necessary for certain specialized fields.

Are there any notable differences in the engineering job market between Germany and France?

The engineering job market in Germany tends to be more stable and offers more opportunities for long-term employment. In contrast, the job market in France may offer more opportunities for short-term contracts and project-based work.