Equation distance reduction factor ERG

• Thread starter axel789
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Reduction
In summary, Axel thinks that it might be a good idea to try an exponential function to find the solution to the homework equations.
axel789

Homework Statement

Hello,

I'm searching for the formula for the 2 pictures in attachment.

The first is de reduction factor day and the other is the reduction factor night.
As example for the factor day: on X I put the distance 10 Km, then I choose the value off L = 3
then I have as reduction factor on the Y = 0,3 or 30%
For the reduction factor night it is the same way off working but with other curves.

Homework Equations

Can someone help me to find a solution for bothh graphs

The Attempt at a Solution

I don't know how to find a solution.
Thanks for the help.
Axel

Attachments

• day.jpg
    day.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 345
  • night.jpg
    night.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 307
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF - generally you have to attempt some work and we'll help you through rather than just giving an answer. For clarity, it also helps if you give the whole question as it was written, with an extra info you can think of

Now without knowing more, they look like an exponential function may do the job well

Hello,

In attachment an example from a solution if you use the graph by drawing lines.

I already searched the internet and I thought it was a gaussian model but it was far more complex then the graphs.

It's not that I am not trying but I don't know where to start and I my math is rather rusty.

Thx,

Axel

Attachments

• example.JPG
    example.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 351
ok so why not just draw lines?

Because I would like to put them in a program i made in excel who draws automatically
the grid and the coordinates of the danger zone.
Also when i give courses in CBRN , here it is Chemical, I can give the exact value and not
"something around that number".

You could call me a detailist, but that's my approach off giving courses in CBRN.

Thx,

Axel

ok, well I don't know what cbrn is...

however as mentioned I would try a simple exponential as a first try

Related to Equation distance reduction factor ERG

What is the equation distance reduction factor (ERG)?

The equation distance reduction factor (ERG) is a measure of the distance between an observed value and the predicted value in a regression model. It is also known as the "adjustment factor" or "reduction factor".

How is the ERG calculated?

The ERG is calculated by dividing the difference between the predicted value and the observed value by the range of the dependent variable. This value is then multiplied by 100 to get a percentage.

Why is the ERG important in regression analysis?

The ERG is important in regression analysis because it helps to evaluate the accuracy of the regression model. A low ERG indicates a good fit between the observed and predicted values, while a high ERG indicates a poor fit.

What is considered a good or acceptable ERG value?

There is no specific value that is considered universally "good" or "acceptable" for the ERG. However, a general rule of thumb is that an ERG less than 10% is considered a good fit, while an ERG greater than 20% may indicate a poor fit and require further investigation.

Can the ERG be negative?

Yes, the ERG can be negative. This may occur if the observed value is greater than the predicted value, resulting in a negative difference. However, in most cases the ERG is a positive value, representing the distance between the observed and predicted values.