Error message in lab course project using TEL-218DRV equipment

In summary, the conversation is about a group of undergraduate physics majors who are experiencing an error message while setting up their TEL-218DRV equipment for a lab project. They have contacted the company for help but have not received a response. The company no longer has a help file or list of error messages, so their troubleshooting abilities are limited. The only suggestion they can offer is to double check the connections and seek guidance from a professor or advisor if the issue persists.
robv82
I hope this is an acceptable location for this post. Does anyone have any experience trouble shooting or access to a help file for the Tel-X-Driver and TEL-218DRV equipment? I have included a copy of my correspondence with the company explaining the situation below.

Homework Statement

My lab group was assigned a project in our 300 level physics electronics lab. We are receiving an error message during set up. The help file is not included on the software disc that came with the equipment. I tried contacting the company. They responded once and then didn't reply again.

Good morning,
We are undergraduate physics majors. We were assigned a lab project using your TEL-218DRV equipment. We were hoping that someone there could provide us with some direction on an issue that we are having with the TEL-X-Driver Connection and Basic Setup procedure.
We get to step 8 in the procedure manual where the carriage arm rotates toward the lower angles to the Home Position Marker. The process will not proceed any further and we receive the error message, "marker size error". Our software disk does not have a help file and we were unable to find any relevant information on your website. Any assistant that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Unfortunately, we don’t have one of those anymore, so my troubleshooting abilities will be limited. Does the carriage arm move at all after you click “yes” in step 7?

Yes, it does move to the lower degrees.
Do you have access to a help file or list of error messages?
Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
for your help. No, unfortunately I don’t have a help file or list of error messages. The best advice I can offer is to double check the connections and ensure that they are all secure. If that does not work, then I suggest speaking with a professor or advisor to see if they can provide you with further guidance.

What is the TEL-218DRV equipment used for in the lab course project?

The TEL-218DRV equipment is a device used in the lab course project to measure and analyze electrical signals. It is commonly used in experiments related to electronic circuits and systems.

Why am I getting an error message when using the TEL-218DRV equipment?

The error message indicates that there is an issue with the equipment, such as a malfunction or incorrect setup. It is important to carefully check all connections and settings before using the equipment to avoid errors.

How can I troubleshoot the error message in the lab course project?

To troubleshoot the error message, first make sure that all connections are secure and that the equipment is properly set up. Check for any error codes or indicators on the equipment, and consult the user manual for troubleshooting steps. If the issue persists, contact the lab instructor for assistance.

Can I continue with the lab course project if I am getting error messages from the TEL-218DRV equipment?

It is not recommended to continue with the project if there are persistent error messages from the TEL-218DRV equipment. This can affect the accuracy and validity of your experiment results. It is best to resolve the issue before proceeding with the project.

Is there a way to prevent error messages from occurring when using the TEL-218DRV equipment?

Yes, error messages can be prevented by carefully following the instructions for setting up and using the TEL-218DRV equipment. Additionally, regularly maintaining and calibrating the equipment can also help prevent errors. If you continue to experience issues, consult the lab instructor for further guidance.