Exploring the Moon: Then and Now

• Thread starter bozo the clown
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Moon
In summary, space travel is an expensive hobby that has yet to be justified by either economic or scientific gain. Currently, there is no real economic reason found for being in space, so space travel has remained up to governments which have sufficient funds to spend on pure science. Scientifically, there is little of interest on the moon, so space travel has remained up to governments which have sufficient funds to spend on pure science. However, if humans would stay OUT of space, space travel would be much more affordable.
russ_watters said:
Rader, you're putting a lot of effort into what looks to the rest of us like nothing at all. If you have some real evidence of anything, present it. There isn't anything in what you have written so far.

I inquired today about getting the video analized by a expert. I was told that yes we can do it, he would give me his opinion, for $300,00 an hour. I told him $300,00 an hour is fine but I do not want an opinion. He said tecknology has reached such limits, that it can deceive even the experts. I have then asked this guy, who made the documentary, for an intervue and he will see me in the coming months on his trip back to Europe. The first question I will put to him is, after making a series of legit documentaries, why present a Hoax?

Also, I think you need some work on your critical thinking. Landing on the moon was a pretty extrordinary and unusual thing - not to metnion the most complicated and difficult project ever done. Of course there are parts of it that won't go as expected, things that won't work as planned. But to seize on a minor anomoly and expect it to be considered evidence of a major discovery/conspiracy is - well - kinda nutty. Unless you have some pretty clear, incontrovertible evidence of anything, you'd do well to drop it.

What you say is true about the entire Apollo 11 project but how do you consider a 158 heartbeat a minor anomoly! The link that I provided proves, that high heartbeats on takeoffs and landings appears to be very normal. To the uninformed this is not normal. You recognize yourself the difficulty to reach those high heartrates. I would never have expected this from trained astronauts, it appears they are just as human as you or I. I do not think there was any nuts involved in investigating this. Nutty to me would be to go to the moon for no reason whatsoever, or just to say, we did it before the Russians. Why could there not be, a agenda more important than pride and waisting tax payers money?

As for working on the surface of the moon, could a combination of physical activity and excitement make the heartrate reach 160? That would be a logical assumption. Is there more to this than meets the eye. What I mean is, could the lack of partial pressure of certain gases, cause spikes in the heartrate, due to some not studied as yet, effects on the metabalism? Metabolic efficiency to remove oxalic acid from the muscles is higher when you are in shape and blood corpusles move oxygen more effectively. But what about the lack of those other gases. How do they contribute? The physcial activity alone does not convince me. I have redone a test that I have been recording information on me for some 2 decades. A 10 K sprint up a mountain 250 meter rise on a mountain bike. This activity involves mainly the leg muscles, although all the muscles are used. 10K> 250 rise> 30 minutes 450 calories burned. Heartrate 28 years 80bpm 38 100bpm 51 years 125bpm. I have some idea what it might feel like, a 160 heartrate from physcial activity, inside a spacesuite that was tight and unconfortable. I have experienced a high heartrate above 160 from emotional excitement and it feels quite different from that of physcial activity. If the high heartrate was due to only physical reasons, it would have been quite unbearable. I have not found any radio transmission logs of complaints of this natue.

Does anyone have a good link to original un cut, not interpretations of radio transmission from the entire Apollo 11 project between the astronauts and Houston?

Last edited:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
As for working on the surface of the moon, could a combination of physical activity and excitement make the heartrate reach 160? That would be a logical assumption.
Indeed.
Does anyone have a good link to original un cut, not interpretations of radio transmission from the entire Apollo 11 project between the astronauts and Houston?
The BadAstronomy thread I linked includes links to the full EVA comms transcript including astronaut and control debriefing commentary.