Exploring the Perception of Pain: Skeletal Models & Physics

In summary, the conversation is about the desire to create the ability to perceive pain and the uncertainty of understanding its impact through physics. The discussion also touches on the disturbing topic of inflicting pain on others as part of obedience to authority, similar to the Milgram experiments. The thread is suggested to be closed.
Grn_Model_Maker
TL;DR Summary
Given a movement vector, delta time, mass and size in a collision how much pain would it cause to a person (This is just simulation)?
I am not cooking up a torture device or a weapon. In fact, I have been spending time with skeletal models. I just want to be able to create the ability to perceive pain. Even if I were to try to work this out myself and get some kind of answer that relates to physics, how would I know for sure what it means?

Physics news on Phys.org
Grn_Model_Maker said:
TL;DR Summary: Given a movement vector, delta time, mass and size in a collision how much pain would it cause to a person (This is just simulation)?

. I just want to be able to create the ability to perceive pain.
What?

This is a disturbing topic. Its reminescent of the Milgram experiments in pain perception and people inflicting the pain on others as part of obedience to some authority.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

We think its best to close this thread now.

Jedi

Likes hutchphd and anorlunda

1. What is the purpose of exploring the perception of pain through skeletal models and physics?

The purpose of this research is to gain a better understanding of how the human body perceives and responds to pain. By using skeletal models and principles of physics, scientists hope to uncover the underlying mechanisms and processes involved in pain perception.

2. How do skeletal models contribute to the study of pain perception?

Skeletal models allow scientists to simulate and study the movement and forces involved in various types of pain, such as joint pain or muscle pain. This helps to identify the specific structures and mechanisms involved in pain perception.

3. What role does physics play in understanding pain perception?

Physics principles, such as biomechanics and force analysis, provide a framework for studying the physical aspects of pain. By applying these principles, scientists can better understand how the body responds to different types of pain and how it can be influenced by external factors.

4. How do researchers use these findings to improve pain management?

By understanding the underlying mechanisms of pain perception, researchers can develop more effective pain management strategies. This may include targeted therapies, improved pain medication, or techniques for reducing pain through physical therapy or lifestyle changes.

5. What are some potential applications of this research in the future?

This research has the potential to inform the development of new medical treatments for chronic pain, as well as improve our understanding of pain perception in conditions such as arthritis or fibromyalgia. It may also have applications in sports medicine and injury prevention, as well as advancements in prosthetics and rehabilitation for individuals with chronic pain.