Exploring the Universe: Big Bang, Big Crunch, and Beyond?

• Thread starter spirit world
  • Start date
In summary, the Big Bang theory is currently the most widely accepted explanation for the origin and evolution of the universe. It states that the universe began as a singularity and has been expanding ever since. However, there are also theories about a possible Big Crunch, where the universe will eventually collapse back into a singularity. Beyond these theories, scientists are also exploring the possibility of parallel universes and the idea of a multiverse. These concepts are constantly being studied and debated in an effort to better understand the vast and complex universe we live in.
spirit world
How did you find PF?
google
Hi,I am 62 and always have been keen on the universe since I watched Dr who at age 5..I would like to discuss especially ,big-bang big-crunch and space in general.

Physics news on Phys.org
spirit world said:
How did you find PF?: google

Hi,I am 62 and always have been keen on the universe since I watched Dr who at age 5..I would like to discuss especially ,big-bang big-crunch and space in general.
Welcome to the forum.

Be a good idea to read the forum rules, particularly the one about no personal theories. I'm sure your first post will be deleted since it is nothing but a string of personal theories that have no basis in fact.

This is a great place to learn science and clear up misunderstandings (of which you clearly have quite a few).

Likes berkeman and hutchphd
Thanks.

phinds said:
I'm sure your first post will be deleted since it is nothing but a string of personal theories that have no basis in fact.
And sure enough, it was.