Find Initial Velocity of Ball with Time: 3.37

In summary, to calculate the initial velocity of a ball with time, you will need to use the formula v = x/t, where v is the initial velocity, x is the distance traveled by the ball, and t is the time it takes to travel that distance. In order to find the initial velocity, you will need to know the distance and time it took the ball to travel that distance. Any unit of measurement for time can be used as long as it is consistent with the unit of measurement used for distance. Initial velocity is not the same as average velocity, as initial velocity refers to the starting velocity of an object while average velocity is the total displacement divided by the total time. The initial velocity of a ball with time can be affected
jubbly
Hey guys, I was wondering how to find the initial velocity of a ball going up with only the time.

The time I have is 3.37, would I use the formula: dy=1/2(a)(t)^2
to find the initial velocity?

I got 33.026 m/s but I don't think that's right.

Physics news on Phys.org
What is the actual question? It would provide for a clearer understanding.

Related to Find Initial Velocity of Ball with Time: 3.37

1. How do you calculate initial velocity of a ball with time?

To calculate the initial velocity of a ball with time, you can use the formula: v = x/t, where v is the initial velocity, x is the distance traveled by the ball, and t is the time it takes to travel that distance.

2. What information do I need to find the initial velocity of a ball with time?

In order to find the initial velocity of a ball with time, you will need to know the distance the ball has traveled and the time it took to travel that distance.

3. Can I use any unit of measurement for time when calculating initial velocity?

Yes, you can use any unit of measurement for time as long as it is consistent with the unit of measurement used for distance. For example, if the distance is measured in meters, then the time should be measured in seconds.

4. Is initial velocity the same as average velocity?

No, initial velocity and average velocity are not the same. Initial velocity refers to the velocity of an object at the beginning of its motion, while average velocity is the total displacement divided by the total time.

5. What factors can affect the initial velocity of a ball with time?

The initial velocity of a ball with time can be affected by factors such as air resistance, the angle at which the ball is thrown, and any external forces acting on the ball.