Find the Perfect 4 Point Probe Head Online - Expert Recommendations

In summary, the conversation is about a forum member searching for a 4 point probe head online but not being able to find it. Another member suggests checking with SIGNATONE for equipment that supplies four point resistance measurements. The original member clarifies that they only need the probe, not the whole set, and provides additional details about their testing setup and desired specifications. A link to a specific probe head and image is also shared for reference.
tornado
Hello!

Dear Forum Members,

I'm searching 4 point probe head on internet but i could'nt find it. Could you help me find it?

Physics news on Phys.org
SIGNATONE supplies equipment for four point resistance measurements: https://www.signatone.com/applications/4ptprobe.asp

Likes tornado
tornado said:
Hello!

Dear Forum Members,

I'm searching 4 point probe head on internet but i could'nt find it. Could you help me find it?

I am puzzled by this statement. I typed “4-point probe head” in google and received numerous hits! So why did you find nothing?

Zz.

Likes tornado
ZapperZ said:
I am puzzled by this statement. I typed “4-point probe head” in google and received numerous hits! So why did you find nothing?

Zz.

I need just probe, they are selling a set of 4pp

tornado said:
I'm searching 4 point probe head on internet
It would help a lot if you said what the application is, how big the test setup is, and what instrument you will connect the 4PP to. What test currents and voltages are you planning on using?

https://www.cascademicrotech.com/products/probes/custom/specialty/resistivity

https://www.cascademicrotech.com/images/SourceImage/cs4-probehead.png

cs4-probehead.png

Attachments

• cs4-probehead.png
    cs4-probehead.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 653

1. What is a 4 Point Probe and how does it work?

A 4 Point Probe is a measurement tool used to determine the sheet resistance of a material. It works by placing four evenly spaced probes on the surface of the material and passing a small current between the outer probes. The voltage drop between the inner probes is then measured and used to calculate the sheet resistance using Ohm's Law.

2. What are the applications of 4 Point Probe measurements?

4 Point Probes are commonly used in the fields of semiconductor research and development, thin film coating analysis, and material characterization. They are also used to measure the resistivity of various materials, such as metals, ceramics, and polymers.

3. How accurate are 4 Point Probe measurements?

The accuracy of 4 Point Probe measurements depends on various factors such as the probe spacing, probe size, and material properties. Generally, 4 Point Probes have a high level of accuracy, with some models having an accuracy of up to 0.01%. However, it is important to calibrate the probe before each use to ensure the most accurate results.

4. What are the advantages of using a 4 Point Probe over other measurement techniques?

Compared to other measurement techniques, such as 2 Point Probes or 3 Point Probes, 4 Point Probes offer several advantages. They are less affected by surface imperfections and contact resistance, making them more accurate. They also have a faster measurement time and can provide more precise results for materials with a high sheet resistance.

5. Can 4 Point Probe measurements be used to determine the thickness of a material?

No, 4 Point Probe measurements are not suitable for determining the thickness of a material. They are designed to measure the sheet resistance of a material, not its thickness. However, by using 4 Point Probe measurements in conjunction with other techniques, such as ellipsometry, the thickness of a material can be determined.