Folder Images Viewer: Quick Script for Webhost Viewing

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Images
In summary, the conversation is about finding a utility or script that can quickly display all images in a specific folder on a webhost without having to list them individually. The speaker mentions a script they found that can do this, but it throws a 403 error. They wonder if this is due to a setting on their webhost. The other speaker confirms they are looking for a view that shows all images in the folder. The first speaker then clarifies that the script does work if indexing is turned on in the folder.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
Is there any kind of utility or even a quick script-on-a-page I can drop into a folder on my webhost that will let me view all the pics in that folder without having to itemize them?

I just want a utility that goes 'here is a (full-size or thumbnail) list of all images in this folder (on my webhost).

Computer science news on Phys.org
Do you mean a view like this:

upload_2019-2-9_7-7-40.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-9_7-7-40.png
    upload_2019-2-9_7-7-40.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 397
Likes DaveC426913
Well, sure.

Actually, that script I linked to works - all I got to do is turn indexing on in the folder.

Likes harborsparrow

1. What is Folder Images Viewer?

Folder Images Viewer is a quick and efficient script that allows you to easily view and organize images stored on your webhosting server. It is especially useful for web developers and designers who need to access and manage large numbers of images.

2. How does Folder Images Viewer work?

Folder Images Viewer uses a simple script that scans your webhosting server for any image files and displays them in a user-friendly interface. It also allows you to sort and filter the images based on different criteria such as file type, size, and date modified.

3. Can I customize the layout and design of Folder Images Viewer?

Yes, Folder Images Viewer is highly customizable and can be easily integrated into your existing website design. You can change the colors, fonts, and layout to match your website's aesthetic and branding.

4. Is Folder Images Viewer secure?

Yes, Folder Images Viewer is designed to be secure and protect your images from unauthorized access. It uses encryption technology to keep your images safe and also allows you to set password protection for added security.

5. Is Folder Images Viewer compatible with all webhosting servers?

Folder Images Viewer is compatible with most webhosting servers that support PHP and MySQL. However, it is always recommended to check with your webhosting provider to ensure compatibility before installation.