Fundamentals of physics extended 10th edition Halliday

In summary, before learning this book, it would be beneficial to have a basic understanding of algebra and some knowledge of calculus, specifically differentiation. The Calculus Made Easy by Thompson is a highly recommended book for beginners. It would also be helpful to have a basic understanding of trigonometry, specifically the definitions of sine, cosine, and tangent in terms of a right triangle.
DistortedWorld00
Hello, what level of math should I have before learning this book?

Likes Amos Dahm
Physics news on Phys.org
Basic algebra and little bit of calculus. It won't harm much if you don't know integration, just know differentiation.

Likes DistortedWorld00
Buffu said:
Basic algebra and little bit of calculus. It won't harm much if you don't know integration, just know differentiation.

Hello, sir. Is the Calculus made easy by Thompson, a good calculus book for beginners like me?

DistortedWorld00 said:
Hello, sir. Is the Calculus made easy by Thompson, a good calculus book for beginners like me?

I don't know I did not use that book but I don't think you can go wrong with any book in learning basic calculus.

DistortedWorld00 said:
Yes. It is a very good book. For your purpose, however, this may be a better book.

You should also know basic trigonometry. At least, you should be comfortable with the definitions of sine, cosine and tangent in terms of a right triangle.

jtbell said:
You should also know basic trigonometry. At least, you should be comfortable with the definitions of sine, cosine and tangent in terms of a right triangle.
Yup. Basically whatever is in this book

1. What topics are covered in "Fundamentals of physics extended 10th edition Halliday"?

The textbook covers a wide range of topics including mechanics, waves and optics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, and modern physics.

2. Is this textbook suitable for high school or college level physics?

This textbook is suitable for both high school and college level physics courses. It provides a comprehensive understanding of the fundamentals of physics, making it a valuable resource for students at both levels.

3. Are there any online resources available for this textbook?

Yes, there is an online learning platform called WileyPLUS that accompanies this textbook. It includes interactive simulations, practice problems, and additional resources to aid in understanding the material.

4. Does the 10th edition of "Fundamentals of physics extended" differ significantly from previous editions?

The 10th edition features updated content, new examples, and improved explanations to better engage students and help them grasp key concepts. However, the overall structure and organization of the textbook remains similar to previous editions.

5. How can this textbook be used to supplement in-class lectures and activities?

This textbook can be used as a reference for additional practice problems and examples, as well as a source for deeper understanding of key concepts. It can also be used to review and reinforce material covered in class.