[Grade 12 math] Textbook Supplements

• Thread starter last naem
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Textbook
In summary, the person is taking grade 12 advanced functions and is not satisfied with the textbook they are using. They are looking for other textbooks of similar difficulty and have heard of AP advanced function and AP calculus. However, these may not be equivalent to their current level of math. Online resources may be a better option for finding study materials.
last naem
Hello

I am taking grade 12 advanced functions which is not that great; examples and questions aren't that good. I was wondering if there any other textbook similar to the Advanced Function by Mcgraw Hill Ryerson in terms of difficulty. I heard there is AP advanced function and AP calculus, what textbooks do they use? btw I am from Ontario, Canada.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
There is no AP "advanced functions" to my knowledge and this is not AP calculus level maths as far as I am aware. In the US system I think this is equivalent to precalculus, so try googling resources for that (there should be lots). In the UK system this is a mishmash of GCSE and AS level. Check out BBC Bitesize and mathsrevision.net. The stuff on motion will be listed as mechanics or physics in the UK based resources.

As the previous paragraph probably suggests, you're likely better off with online resources than textbooks. There are tons of resources of this level available for free on the internet, and textbooks for this level of maths tend to be more or less the same, because it's so well defined there's not much room for clever and/or unusual pedagogical techniques.

Last edited:

1. What are textbook supplements in a Grade 12 math course?

Textbook supplements are additional resources that are meant to enhance the learning experience of students in a Grade 12 math course. These supplements may include practice problems, worked examples, and additional explanations to help students better understand the material.

2. Why are textbook supplements important in a Grade 12 math course?

Textbook supplements can be beneficial for students who may need extra practice or clarification on certain topics. They can also provide a different perspective on a concept, which can be helpful for students who may not fully understand it from the textbook alone. Additionally, textbook supplements can offer more challenging problems for students who want to further their understanding of the subject.

3. Are textbook supplements necessary for success in a Grade 12 math course?

While textbook supplements can be helpful, they are not necessary for success in a Grade 12 math course. The main textbook should provide enough information and practice problems for students to learn and master the material. However, some students may find textbook supplements to be a valuable tool in their learning process.

4. Where can I find textbook supplements for a Grade 12 math course?

Textbook supplements can be found in various places, such as online resources, study guides, or additional books. Your teacher may also provide you with recommended resources or materials. It is important to make sure that the textbook supplements you are using are reliable and from a reputable source.

5. How should I use textbook supplements in a Grade 12 math course?

Textbook supplements should be used as a supplement to the main textbook, not as a replacement. It is important to first understand the material from the main textbook before using the supplements. You can use textbook supplements for extra practice, clarification on a certain topic, or to challenge yourself with more difficult problems. It is also helpful to discuss any questions or concerns with your teacher to get the most out of the textbook supplements.