Help in matlab image processing ?

In summary, The person is having trouble opening a picture named "manish.tiff" in MATLAB and getting an error saying the file does not exist. They have tried using the command "rgb = imread('manish.tiff')" but it did not work. They have also attached the picture in jpeg format for reference.
munna007
Help in MATLAB image processing ?

hello friends...i save my picture named "manish.tiff" in MATLAB directory...then opening this with command named rgb =imread('manish.tiff') in command window...but it shows error...
below is the error i m getting.

(? Error using ==> imread
File "manish.tiff" does not exist. )

ut when i open this picture " hurra.tiff " with same command it opens succesfully...

i have tried a lot...but couldn't solve...
please help ...i have attached both the pictures in jpeg format...because tiff was not uploading here...

thanks...

Attachments

• manish.jpg
    manish.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 484
  • hurra.jpg
    hurra.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 494
Physics news on Phys.org
It says the file doesn't exist, not that it is the wrong format. I would use the entire path name in the code.

1. What is MATLAB Image Processing?

MATLAB Image Processing is a combination of tools and techniques used to manipulate and analyze digital images. It allows users to perform various operations on images such as filtering, segmentation, and feature extraction.

2. How can I import images into MATLAB?

To import images into MATLAB, you can use the imread() function. This function takes the file path of the image as an input and returns a matrix representing the image. You can also use the Image Acquisition Toolbox to directly capture images from cameras or other devices.

3. What are some common image processing operations in MATLAB?

Some common image processing operations in MATLAB include image enhancement, image restoration, edge detection, and morphological operations. MATLAB also offers various built-in functions for image analysis, such as measuring image features and creating histograms.

4. Can I write my own image processing algorithms in MATLAB?

Yes, MATLAB allows users to write their own image processing algorithms using the built-in functions and tools. You can also use the MATLAB Image Processing Toolbox, which provides a range of functions for performing different image processing tasks.

5. How can I save my processed images in MATLAB?

You can save your processed images in MATLAB using the imwrite() function. This function takes the image matrix and the desired file format as inputs and saves the image in the specified format. You can also use the saveas() function to save the image in various file formats, such as PNG, JPEG, and TIFF.