Help Needed: Experienced Mechanical Engineer for Interview

In summary, college student is interviewing mechanical engineer for an assignment. The student is very interested in the engineering profession and would like to use a skype chat or phone interview to gather information.
vpexxi
HIhi, I am currently a college student whose taking introductory course of engineering, and I have an assignment about interviewing a mechanical engineer that has at least two years experiences. Personally I am very interested in mechanical engineering as well, so I wonder would any of you guys b willing to help me with my assignment, and we may use skype chat, or phone, email, whatever method at your convenience. (The interview can take about 30 mins to an hour. )Thanks alot! Jun o_O and my email is <<e-mail address deleted by Mentor>>

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
and here are the interview questions if you guys are willing to post answer to it when you feel like. thanks a bunch!
 How does your work relate to your education?
 Was it difficult to ascertain what was required of you after you initially started working?
 What does your job actually consist of?
 Describe the typical day at work.
 What kind of engineering problems do you encounter?
 How much school course work is used in your job? (i.e. do you use much math and physics in your work ?)
 What courses from school were most useful to you on the job?
 What courses from school have been least useful?
 What is the work environment like? (friendly, formal, etc.)
 What are the people like? How is conflict dealt with?
 What is satisfying/dissatisfying in the job?
 Do you think you are paid equitably?
 Knowing what you know now about your profession, would you still choose to pursue it? What would you do the same/differently?
 Are there any special commitments in your job? (e.g. travel, overtime, social events, frequent relocations.)
 How do you stay current in your job?
 What are the future prospects for engineers in this country?
 If you were in my shoes, how would you enter the profession?
 What do you like best/least about working as an engineer?
 What do you think makes a "good" engineer?
 How important are writing and communication skills in your job?
 Describe your toughest job assignment.
 What one piece of advice could you offer to prospective engineers?
 Has the profession lived up to you expectations?

For privacy and anti-phishing reasons, interview threads are no longer allowed at the PF. Thread is locked.

1. What qualifications do I need to be considered for this mechanical engineer position?

To be considered for this position, you will need a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or a related field. Additionally, you should have at least 3-5 years of experience in a similar role and be proficient in relevant software and technical skills.

2. What types of projects will I be working on as a mechanical engineer in this position?

In this position, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and testing mechanical systems and components for various projects. These projects could range from creating new products to improving existing ones, and may involve collaboration with other engineers and teams.

3. What kind of experience are you looking for in a candidate for this mechanical engineer position?

We are looking for a candidate with a strong background in mechanical engineering, including experience with design software, project management, and problem-solving. Experience in a relevant industry or with specific types of machinery or equipment is also desirable.

4. Can you tell me more about the company and its culture?

The company values innovation, teamwork, and a dedication to excellence. We are committed to providing a supportive and collaborative work environment for our employees. Our goal is to create a culture that fosters growth, creativity, and a strong sense of community.

5. What opportunities for growth and advancement are available for a mechanical engineer in this company?

This company values the development and advancement of its employees. As a mechanical engineer, you will have opportunities for professional growth through training, mentorship, and leadership roles. We also encourage employees to pursue additional education and certifications to enhance their skills and advance their careers.