Mechanical Engineer Needed for Interview Please

In summary, the conversation discussed finding a mechanical engineer to interview for a research paper assignment. Suggestions were given to contact industrial plants in the area or an engineering school's alumni association for potential leads. The thread was closed due to forum rules.
Dean M
Well, here it goes again, I am a senior in high school and my english teacher has assigned my class a research paper with the topic being a job that we are interested in. My last post got deleted due to this sites rules, so does anyone know where I can find a mechanical engineer that I could interview? Or if you know any one; if you could tell me their email and I'll go from there?? I really need this interview and there are very little ways for me to find a mechanical engineer with their contact information, so please anybody please help..

Engineering news on Phys.org
Find out what industrial plants are in your area and call them up and ask if they have any M.E.s

Call up an engineering school and ask for the alumni association and see if they'll give you the name of someone.

Ah good advice, I'll try that out
phinds said:
Find out what industrial plants are in your area and call them up and ask if they have any M.E.s

Call up an engineering school and ask for the alumni association and see if they'll give you the name of someone.
d

Thanks phinds. Thread is closed now per the PF rules. Good luck Dean! :-)

What are the key skills and qualifications needed for a mechanical engineer?

The key skills and qualifications needed for a mechanical engineer include a strong foundation in math and physics, proficiency in CAD software, knowledge of materials and their properties, experience with design and analysis software, and strong problem-solving and communication skills.

What type of experience should a mechanical engineer have?

A mechanical engineer should have experience in designing, testing, and manufacturing mechanical systems and components. They should also have experience with project management, cost analysis, and quality control.

What is the role of a mechanical engineer in the industry?

A mechanical engineer plays a crucial role in the industry by designing, building, and maintaining mechanical systems and components. They are also responsible for analyzing and improving existing systems, as well as ensuring they meet industry standards and regulations.

How do mechanical engineers stay updated with new technologies and advancements?

Mechanical engineers stay updated with new technologies and advancements through continuing education, attending conferences and seminars, and staying connected with professional networks and industry publications.

What is the importance of teamwork for a mechanical engineer?

Teamwork is crucial for a mechanical engineer as they often work in multidisciplinary teams to design and develop complex systems. Effective teamwork allows for the integration of different perspectives and skills, leading to innovative and successful solutions.