Help with Connecting TI89 Titanium to Computer via Data Cable

• Thread starter engbianco
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Titanium
In summary, the user is having trouble connecting their TI89 Titanium calculator to their computer using a data cable and the "IT DeviceExplorer" program. They have already installed the drivers but the calculator is not being recognized. They wonder if the data cable is the problem and ask for advice on what to do. They also mention a possible issue with the USB port on their Windows computer.
engbianco
Hello, good morning.
Please. Can anyone help me. I am connecting the cable to transfer data from the computer TI89 Titanium and opening the "IT DeviceExplorer" and the computer is not showing the calculator (not recognizing this).
I have already installed the drivers on the computer calculator.
But. The program "IT DeviceExplorer" not see the calculator.

Does the data cable messed up?

When I connect the data cable to the computer.
Windows makes a "noise" indicating that it was connected / plugged into a device.
But does not appear in "TI DeviceExplorer".
What should I do?
thank you

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Are you plugging the device into the same USB port it was plugged into when you first installed the drivers? I know that sometimes on Windows computers I've had a problem where I installed the drivers, but they only worked if the device was plugged into the same port it was originally.

1. How do I connect my TI89 Titanium to my computer?

To connect your TI89 Titanium to your computer, you will need a USB data cable specifically designed for the calculator. Plug one end of the cable into the USB port on your computer and the other end into the data port on your TI89 Titanium. Make sure both devices are turned on and your computer should recognize the calculator as a new device.

2. What software do I need to transfer data between my TI89 Titanium and computer?

You will need to download and install TI Connect software on your computer. This software allows you to transfer files, update the calculator's operating system, and perform other tasks with your TI89 Titanium. It is available for free on the TI website.

3. How do I transfer files from my computer to my TI89 Titanium?

Once you have connected your calculator to your computer and installed TI Connect software, you can transfer files by opening the software and selecting the "Send to Calculator" option. You can then choose the files you want to transfer from your computer and click "Send". The files will be transferred to your TI89 Titanium.

4. Can I transfer data from my TI89 Titanium to my computer?

Yes, you can transfer data from your calculator to your computer using the same process as transferring files from your computer to your calculator. Simply select the "Receive from Calculator" option in TI Connect and choose the files you want to transfer from your calculator to your computer.

5. Is it possible to use my TI89 Titanium as a graphing calculator on my computer?

Yes, you can use your TI89 Titanium as a graphing calculator on your computer by using the TI-SmartView software. This software allows you to emulate the calculator on your computer and use it as you would the physical calculator. It is useful for creating and editing graphs and equations on a larger screen.