Hi guys, I am looking for some advice on animating or simulating brake system

In summary, the individual is seeking advice on how to animate or simulate a combined braking system for motorcycles and is struggling to find suitable software for the project. The project is for their final year and they have been advised by their advisor to work on this project before they can work with them. They are unsure of what software to use and are considering alternatives. The brakes use one lever to control both front and rear brakes and the balance between the two can be adjusted. They are interested in simulating stopping distance versus brake balance and are considering using a spreadsheet for this purpose.
Kumar10
Hi guys, I am looking for some advice on animating or simulating braking system of motorcycle. I have to make an animation or simulation of combined braking system for motorcycles, but I can't really find any softwares to do that. Even a circuit design would be which consist mechanical and hydraulic components. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Physics news on Phys.org
Kumar10 said:
Hi guys, I am looking for some advice on animating or simulating braking system of motorcycle. I have to make an animation or simulation of combined braking system for motorcycles, but I can't really find any softwares to do that. Even a circuit design would be which consist mechanical and hydraulic components. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Welcome to the PF.

Is this project for school? What simulation software do you have available through the school? What are other students using for their mechanical system simulations?

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF.

Is this project for school? What simulation software do you have available through the school? What are other students using for their mechanical system simulations?
No, it's for my final year project. I was told by my advisor to do an animation or simulation of combined braking system before he would let me work with him. He just told me to go do it with any simulation or cad software. But I don't know what to use.

Kumar10 said:
No, it's for my final year project. I was told by my advisor to do an animation or simulation of combined braking system before he would let me work with him. He just told me to go do it with any simulation or cad software. But I don't know what to use.

(Thread moved to the schoolwork forums)

It sounds like this project is not a good match for your background and skills. Are there alternative projects/advisers that you can pursue?

If not, then you need to pick a CAD tool (which hopefully has a low-cost student version), and learn it from scratch with simple models, and then move on to modeling your braking system.

What modeling software packages have you investigated so far? Do they have student versions available?

Combined brakes use one lever to control both front and rear brakes. The balance between the two can be adjusted. What do you want to simulate? Stopping distance vs brake balance or something like that? I suppose you might be able to model something that that with a spreadsheet.

1. How can I animate a brake system?

To animate a brake system, you will need to use a computer software specifically designed for animation or simulation, such as Blender or Maya. These programs have tools and features that allow you to create and animate 3D models of brake systems, including components such as brake discs, calipers, and pads.

2. What is the purpose of animating or simulating a brake system?

The purpose of animating or simulating a brake system is to visually demonstrate how the system works and how each component interacts with each other. This can be useful for educational purposes, as well as for testing and improving the design of a brake system.

3. Can I use physics simulation to animate a brake system?

Yes, you can use physics simulation to animate a brake system. This involves applying physical laws and principles, such as Newton's laws of motion, to the 3D models of the brake system. This can create a more realistic and accurate representation of how the brake system would behave in real life.

4. Are there any tutorials or resources available for animating brake systems?

Yes, there are plenty of tutorials and resources available online for animating brake systems. These can range from step-by-step guides on using specific software, to videos and articles discussing the physics behind brake systems. You can also find forums and communities where you can ask for advice and share your own animations.

5. Can I use my own brake system design for the animation or simulation?

Yes, you can use your own brake system design for the animation or simulation. It is recommended to have a detailed and accurate 3D model of your design before starting the animation or simulation process. This will help ensure that your animation accurately represents your design and can be used for testing and evaluation purposes.