How can I add my physicsforums.com email as a contact method on my profile?

• Thread starter StevieTNZ
  • Start date
In summary, there are various ways to contact members, such as email, phone calls, social media messaging, in-person meetings, and online messaging platforms. It is not recommended to directly contact members through their personal email or phone number without their consent. To reach all members, it is important to use a combination of communication channels. Contacting members outside of working hours should be avoided, but if necessary, it is important to be respectful of their time. The best way to follow up with members is to be prompt and clear in your communication and to keep track of interactions for effective communication in the future.
StevieTNZ
So I've just signed up for a physicsforums.com email account.

Is it possible to list it as a way to contact me, when people click on the Contact tab in my profile?

I'd also like to keep the original email I used to sign up to this account, but have members contact me via my pf.com email.

Physics news on Phys.org
You can add your email to your regular profile ("about me"). I don't think there is a way to add it to the contact section manually.

What are the different ways of contacting members?

Some common ways of contacting members include email, phone calls, social media messaging, in-person meetings, and online messaging platforms.

Can I contact members directly through their personal email or phone number?

It is generally not recommended to contact members directly through their personal email or phone number without their consent. It is best to use official communication channels provided by the organization or company.

How can I ensure that my message reaches all members?

To ensure that your message reaches all members, it is important to use a combination of communication channels. This can include sending emails, posting on social media, and making announcements at meetings or events.

Is it appropriate to contact members outside of working hours?

In general, it is best to avoid contacting members outside of working hours. However, if it is necessary, it is important to be respectful of their time and considerate of their personal life.

What is the best way to follow up with members after contacting them?

The best way to follow up with members is to be prompt and clear in your communication. If you have not received a response, it is appropriate to send a polite follow-up message. It is also important to keep track of your interactions with members to ensure effective communication in the future.