How can I change the format of a LaTeX template for a PhD thesis to b5?

In summary, the conversation is about using a LaTeX template for a PhD thesis. The user is having trouble converting it to the b5 format and is asking for help. Another user suggests changing the paper size in a specific document and adjusting the margins, and asks if this is what the first user is looking for.
Physics news on Phys.org
In the file Latex/Classes/PhDthesisPSnPDF.cls, change a4paper to b5paper in these lines:
Code:
[color=#008000][b]\DeclareOption*[/b][/color][color=#008000]{[/color][color=#008000][b]\PassOptionsToClass[/b][/color][color=#008000]{[/color][color=#008000][b]\CurrentOption[/b][/color][color=#008000]}{[/color]book[color=#008000]}}[/color]
[color=#008000][b]\ProcessOptions[/b][/color][color=#008000][b]\relax[/b][/color]
[color=#008000][b]\ifx[/b][/color][color=#008000][b]\pdfoutput[/b][/color][color=#008000][b]\undefined[/b][/color]
   [color=#008000][b]\LoadClass[/b][/color][color=#7D9029][dvips, a4paper][/color][color=#008000]{[/color]book[color=#008000]}[/color]
[color=#008000][b]\else[/b][/color]
   [color=#008000][b]\LoadClass[/b][/color][color=#7D9029][pdftex, a4paper][/color][color=#008000]{[/color]book[color=#008000]}[/color]
[color=#008000][b]\fi[/b][/color]

Hey Nina, I watched the template PhDtemplateLATEX.zip. For you can change the format b5 have to do this: Unzip the. Zip, unzipped the folder find a folder inside called "Latex", it will find another folder called "Classes", open the document that has named "PhDthesisPSnPDF" with a level editor (notepad) or you drive. You go to the line 34 and 36 and you switch to b5paper a4paper. Then in the same file you lines lines 158-164, there you can set the document margins. I save and then compile it. I hope that whether you're looking for. I would I understand?.

Regards

What is a LaTeX template for PhD thesis?

A LaTeX template for PhD thesis is a pre-defined set of formatting and layout instructions for writing a thesis document using the LaTeX typesetting system. It is designed to save time and effort for students by providing a structure and design for their thesis, allowing them to focus on the content rather than formatting.

Why use a LaTeX template for PhD thesis?

Using a LaTeX template for PhD thesis has several advantages. It provides a professional and consistent layout, saves time by automatically formatting the text and creating a table of contents, and allows for easy customization of the document. Additionally, LaTeX is a powerful tool for handling large documents and complex equations, making it ideal for writing a thesis.

Where can I find a LaTeX template for PhD thesis?

There are many sources for LaTeX templates for PhD thesis, such as university websites, online forums, and template repositories. Some universities may also provide their own templates for students to use. It is important to choose a template that meets the specific requirements of your university and discipline.

How do I use a LaTeX template for PhD thesis?

To use a LaTeX template for PhD thesis, you will need to have a LaTeX distribution installed on your computer. Then, you can download the template files and open them in a LaTeX editor. The template will typically have instructions and guidelines for customizing the document to fit your specific needs.

Can I modify a LaTeX template for PhD thesis?

Yes, you can modify a LaTeX template for PhD thesis to fit your specific needs. Most templates are designed to be customizable, and you can make changes to the formatting, layout, and content as needed. However, it is important to make sure that your modifications still adhere to the guidelines and requirements set by your university.