How can I modify this drawing to have fail safe

• Thread starter Keeeen
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Drawing
In summary, to modify a drawing to have fail safe, you can add redundant components or systems that can take over in case of a failure. Fail safe is important in a drawing because it ensures that the system or device will not cause harm or damage in case of a failure. You can check the design specifications or consult with the designer of the drawing to determine if it has fail safe features. It is possible to add fail safe features to an existing drawing, but it may require modifications and professional consultation. While fail safe can add complexity and cost, it is necessary for safety and reliability in a drawing.
Keeeen
This pneumatic circuit currently operates both of the cylinders automatically when the start valve is actuated. I want to modify the circuit so it will fail safe and park both the cylinders in the retracted position
DSC_0469~2.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0469~2.JPG
    DSC_0469~2.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 742
Engineering news on Phys.org
What is your attempt at a solution?

Likes berkeman
What type of failure(s) are you addressing, i.e. supply power loss or other?

1. How can I modify this drawing to have fail safe?

To modify a drawing to have fail safe, you can add redundant components or systems that can take over in case of a failure. This can include backup power sources, backup control systems, or additional safety features.

2. What is the purpose of fail safe in a drawing?

Fail safe is important in a drawing because it ensures that the system or device will not cause harm or damage in case of a failure. It provides a backup plan to prevent accidents or malfunctions.

3. How do I know if a drawing has fail safe features?

You can check the design specifications or consult with the designer of the drawing to determine if it has fail safe features. Additionally, you can look for redundant components or safety mechanisms that can activate in case of a failure.

4. Can I add fail safe to an existing drawing?

Yes, it is possible to add fail safe features to an existing drawing. However, it may require modifications to the design and may also affect the functionality or performance of the system. It is best to consult with a professional engineer before making any modifications.

5. Are there any drawbacks to having fail safe in a drawing?

While fail safe is important for safety and reliability, it can also add complexity and cost to the design. It may also require additional maintenance and testing. However, these drawbacks are outweighed by the potential risks of not having fail safe features in a drawing.