How can this be average force ?

In summary: Are bench pressing this weight, and its 80% or your RM {repetition maxumum} So you...The average forces are seemingly the same, however the peak forces are higher with fast repetitions.

waynexk8 said:
I do not think the meaning of work, that is if you move a weight up and then down = zero, is helping this debate at all. As we all know here that force and energy have been used to lift the weight and to lower it under control, thus physical work has been done.
I have told you this many times already. Energy has been expended, but no work has been done. What is not helpful for the debate is for you to use the incorrect terminology when the correct terminology has been provided. These are technical words with specific mathematical meanings. If you want to learn science, which you have claimed several times is your goal, then you need to learn the meanings of the terms and use them correctly.

Physics news on Phys.org

waynexk8 said:
thats what I sort of said
so is it not like I just said above
However if we take some numbers,
I say
It would be the same

Stop all of this and start learning.

1. What you say contradicts itself.
2. As point 1.
3. Your numbers are meaningless.
4. You keep trying to explain things using incorrect knowledge.
5. A conclusion based on the above incorrect knowledge.

You need to try and understand this. How many times have you posted those numbers and how many times has everyone ignored - every time.

You are ignoring what you are being told and trying to apply your own flawed explanations. Just stop it.

This thread is going nowhere fast. It is now done.

Zz.