How do I get this out of my email?

• Thread starter FishmanGeertz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Email
In summary: That bing thing would be on Yahoo itself, not speedfan. At least that's what it looks like.Have you tried to remove the Bing software?
FishmanGeertz
The box where you type in your email in yahoo mail includes a "bing" search option I cannot erase from my email messages.

How do I get rid of this? I just want to type emails with nothing in the text box. I use firefox as my main browser if that helps any. This is very annoying whenever I try to send emails to anyone.

Click on the thumbnail below to see what I am trying to say.
th_385041409_Bing_122_586lo.JPG

Computer science news on Phys.org
You want to be careful with that image hosting service, their popups just put me on an adult website. Naughty.

Personally, I'd say change supplier - but that's purely down to my own subtle dislike of Yahoo.

It seems they're plugging advertising everywhere now.

Just to confirm, do these boxes remain after you've typed an email? Have you checked the options menu?

jarednjames said:
You want to be careful with that image hosting service, their popups just put me on an adult website. Naughty.

Adblockplus, if you use firefox you can get that as an add on.

Personally, I'd say change supplier - but that's purely down to my own subtle dislike of Yahoo.

I agree wholeheartedly, email domains like yahoo, hotmail and live are the lowest of the low in my opinion. I suggest using something like gmail.

KrisOhn said:
Adblockplus, if you use firefox you can get that as an add on.

I'll have a look. Still, careful, there are kiddies here.
I agree wholeheartedly, email domains like yahoo, hotmail and live are the lowest of the low in my opinion. I suggest using something like gmail.

Seconded.

jarednjames said:

Just to confirm, do these boxes remain after you've typed an email? Have you checked the options menu?

There is a problem with photobucket. I log into my account, and the after I click "upload" it brings me back into the account login screen, I log back in, and it repeats that cycle indefinitely. Therefore I have to use other image hosting websites.

The only way I can upload photos is to "login with facebook."

I downloaded a program called "speedfan" because someone told me it would allow me to manually adjust the speed of the cooling fan on my CPU. Apparently it came with microsofts crap search engine "bing," which forcibly installed itself onto my computer. Now I cannot get it off my PC.

I can't change the fan speed in my BIOS because the arrow keys don't work -- I cannot select options in my BIOS menu!

FishmanGeertz said:
I downloaded a program called "speedfan" because someone told me it would allow me to manually adjust the speed of the cooling fan on my CPU. Apparently it came with microsofts crap search engine "bing," which forcibly installed itself onto my computer. Now I cannot get it off my PC.

Hmm, I've used speedfan and never had any problems. It didn't come with bing so I think you may have had a dodgy download.

That bing thing would be on Yahoo itself, not speedfan. At least that's what it looks like.

What have you tried to remove the Bing software?
I can't change the fan speed in my BIOS because the arrow keys don't work -- I cannot select options in my BIOS menu!

That is something strange - normally you can't manually set the fan speeds but I suppose on some MB's they may give the options.

I'll have a look at this one. Could you give any more details?

I've also used speedfan in the past, it works pretty well as a temperature reader, but it's not the best.

The best in my opinion, is HWMonitor.

jarednjames said:
That is something strange - normally you can't manually set the fan speeds but I suppose on some MB's they may give the options.

I know some of motherboards allow their fans to be controlled using PWM (pulse width modulation) but I never could get speedfan to work either. This was about 2 years ago, so things have probably changed since then.

I no longer use speedfan for anything, to control my fans I use an external fan controller.

KrisOhn said:
I've also used speedfan in the past, it works pretty well as a temperature reader, but it's not the best.

The best in my opinion, is HWMonitor.

I know some of motherboards allow their fans to be controlled using PWM (pulse width modulation) but I never could get speedfan to work either. This was about 2 years ago, so things have probably changed since then.

I no longer use speedfan for anything, to control my fans I use an external fan controller.

Personally, I don't like the idea of messing with fan speeds - increasing means more wear on the fan and potentially reduces efficiency, decreasing runs the risk of overheating.

I know there are motherboards which do have a built in system for allowing auto fan control, but again I prefer to just have them running consistently to avoid future problems.

I'd assume the OP is trying to overclock, not something I'm particularly fond of myself but if people really feel the need then it's up to them.

My philosophy on the matter: You can never have too much cooling. If you need more, install another fan.

jarednjames said:

I have friends like this, I would be like this if it weren't for the fact that I hate being able to hear the sound of my fans in my computer. I have a slight OC on my processor and right now my CPU heatsink is the loudest fan in my computer, so I just manually turn it down until it's noise gets absorbed by the white noise the other fans are producing. This keeps the CPU quite cool also.

But I digress.

jarednjames said:
Personally, I don't like the idea of messing with fan speeds - increasing means more wear on the fan and potentially reduces efficiency, decreasing runs the risk of overheating.

I know there are motherboards which do have a built in system for allowing auto fan control, but again I prefer to just have them running consistently to avoid future problems.

I'd assume the OP is trying to overclock, not something I'm particularly fond of myself but if people really feel the need then it's up to them.

My philosophy on the matter: You can never have too much cooling. If you need more, install another fan.

I have the MSI Big Bang Xpower X58 motherboard. The technician who built my PC told me he plugged my CPU fan into a part of the motherboard that would allow me to manually control it's speed.

However, the arrow keys in my BIOS menu do not work.

Perhaps I can get rid of my bing problem in the account settings of yahoo mail? I'm going to try and see if I can do this right now.

I used the MSI "OC genie" which overclocked my CPU to 3.4 GHz, I checked HWmonitor and it said my CPU was idling at roughly 50 *C. From what I've read, the ZALMAN CNPS9900 aftermarket cooler should handle 3.4 GHz and beyond quite easily. I need to up the speed in order to bring the idle temps to (ideally) +/- 40 *C.

Last edited:
Confirm that your arrow keys work within an OS environment. It could be a problem with your keyboard.

50C idling for any CPU at 3.4 GHz is quite high. If turning up the fan speed doesn't fix this problem then your CPU heatsink is not properly seated.

If I were you I would get a 3pin fan connector to molex adapter and plug the fan into a molex power cable to see what temperature 100% fan speed gives you and to ensure that the fan functions properly.

Ideally you should have CPU temps in the 30C range, I would be looking for case problems if it only came down 10C. Stuff like bad airflow(can be caused by bad cable management), or another component pumping hot air onto your CPU heatsink.

I'm thinking about your heatsink not being properly seated and while I don't want to rule that out as a possibility, I am going to rule it unlikely. In my experience with bad seatings, the temperatures are usually a little higher than 50C, more so around the 65-70 range.

Last edited:
KrisOhn said:
Confirm that your arrow keys work within an OS environment. It could be a problem with your keyboard.

50C idling for any CPU at 3.4 GHz is quite high. If turning up the fan speed doesn't fix this problem then your CPU heatsink is not properly seated.

If I were you I would get a 3pin fan connector to molex adapter and plug the fan into a molex power cable to see what temperature 100% fan speed gives you and to ensure that the fan functions properly.

Ideally you should have CPU temps in the 30C range, I would be looking for case problems if it only came down 10C. Stuff like bad airflow(can be caused by bad cable management), or another component pumping hot air onto your CPU heatsink.

I'm thinking about your heatsink not being properly seated and while I don't want to rule that out as a possibility, I am going to rule it unlikely. In my experience with bad seatings, the temperatures are usually a little higher than 50C, more so around the 65-70 range.

The arrow keys work in the OS as well as everywhere else. Just not in the BIOS.

I fixed the problem with my email, I upgraded to the new yahoo email interface.

The MSI OC genie adds more voltage to the CPU than it needs to be stable. This results in higher temperatures.

FishmanGeertz said:
I have the MSI Big Bang Xpower X58 motherboard. The technician who built my PC told me he plugged my CPU fan into a part of the motherboard that would allow me to manually control it's speed.

However, the arrow keys in my BIOS menu do not work.

Perhaps I can get rid of my bing problem in the account settings of yahoo mail? I'm going to try and see if I can do this right now.

I used the MSI "OC genie" which overclocked my CPU to 3.4 GHz, I checked HWmonitor and it said my CPU was idling at roughly 50 *C. From what I've read, the ZALMAN CNPS9900 aftermarket cooler should handle 3.4 GHz and beyond quite easily. I need to up the speed in order to bring the idle temps to (ideally) +/- 40 *C.

KrisOhn said:

Going to reply to these two in one, that temperature is a bit high when idling. Mine idles at ~35 celsius. Remember, when idling the computer isn't drawing full power so it shouldn't produce that much more heat.

Overclocking simply allows you to increase the processor performance a bit by increasing power use, this in turn generates more heat (as you're aware) but it only does so when it's drawing said power, not when it's ticking over or doing simple tasks.

Just check regarding your bios, my laptop has a mouse and doesn't use the arrow keys. It isn't obvious from the outset so check it out.

If you need more cooling, add more fans.

KrisOhn said:
I have friends like this, I would be like this if it weren't for the fact that I hate being able to hear the sound of my fans in my computer. I have a slight OC on my processor and right now my CPU heatsink is the loudest fan in my computer, so I just manually turn it down until it's noise gets absorbed by the white noise the other fans are producing. This keeps the CPU quite cool also.

I never understand the need to overclock as it doesn't add that much overall. Honestly, people who claim to see a difference between a few tenths of a GHz are talking through their backsides.

You see, you've done what I dislike. You've turned the CPU fan down plus during an OC - which is all well and good as long as you have enough cooling.

Noise can be handled by buying a better fan.

jarednjames said:
I never understand the need to overclock as it doesn't add that much overall. Honestly, people who claim to see a difference between a few tenths of a GHz are talking through their backsides.

You see, you've done what I dislike. You've turned the CPU fan down plus during an OC - which is all well and good as long as you have enough cooling.

Noise can be handled by buying a better fan.

My original clock was 2.67Ghz and my OC is 3.4 which is the highest stable clock without messing with voltages. The difference between the two is maybe 20 FPS in some games and a higher benchmark score.

But you won't notice a difference even with a significantly higher benchmark in an OS environment; when I first got the CPU I was messing with it and I got it up to 4.2GHz. The only places where I noticed the differences were in my benchmarks and some games. That was a very sketchy overclock though; during some benchmarks I was running at 84C. The TJ max for my CPU is 100C so that is within spec, but it sure doesn't make you feel good about it.

Right now my CPU fan is turned down the way I like it and it is running at 31C. Just to see how hot it gets I booted up the most intensive game I have (Crysis) and ran it for a couple minutes, it recorded a max temperature of 51C, which I think is quite acceptable.

One of the things I plan to do this summer is replace all my fans with low noise ones, Noctua makes absolutely brilliant fans. I recently did a build that included those fans, they move more air than mine do, and the are absolutely silent other than some white noise that fades away after moving a couple feet away from the PC.

KrisOhn said:
Right now my CPU fan is turned down the way I like it and it is running at 31C. Just to see how hot it gets I booted up the most intensive game I have (Crysis) and ran it for a couple minutes, it recorded a max temperature of 51C, which I think is quite acceptable.

That's very acceptable.

I think mine has only ever got to 60C when I was encoding a video and running an online flash video.
One of the things I plan to do this summer is replace all my fans with low noise ones, Noctua makes absolutely brilliant fans. I recently did a build that included those fans, they kept the CPU cooler than mine, and the are absolutely silent other than some white noise that fades away after moving a couple feet away from the PC.

My CPU fan is the only noise in my system, going to look into replacing it soon.

As for the problem with your arrow keys not working in your BIOS, try resetting the CMOS and see if that helps.

IMPORTANT: If you do this, you will be losing all your BIOS settings, including your overclocks. Be warned.

KrisOhn said:
As for the problem with your arrow keys not working in your BIOS, try resetting the CMOS and see if that helps.

IMPORTANT: If you do this, you will be losing all your BIOS settings, including your overclocks. Be warned.

To get to my CMOS, I have to remove both of my graphics cards. This is a big task and I would probably damage something.

FishmanGeertz said:
To get to my CMOS, I have to remove both of my graphics cards. This is a big task and I would probably damage something.

The graphics cards should unclip smoothly.

The quick way to reset the CMOS is to remove all power sources and then pull the battery for 30 seconds (possibly holding the power button to discharge too).

It only gets messy when you need to switch jumpers around.

You won't learn if you don't try.

Did you check if you have a mouse in the bios?

Actually, a lot of current motherboards have a clear CMOS button. Yours does.

http://guru3d.com/article/msi-big-bang-x58-xpower-review/5

Make sure the power is disconnected when you push the button, if it isn't it won't do anything. It's also probably a good idea to press the power button after you have the power disconnected to, just to discharge any lingering charge.

Hmm, interesting. Didn't know about those.

1. How do I permanently delete an email from my inbox?

To permanently delete an email from your inbox, you can either select the email and press the delete button on your keyboard, or right-click on the email and select the "delete" option. This will move the email to your trash or deleted items folder, depending on your email provider. To completely remove the email, you will need to empty your trash or deleted items folder.

2. Can I retrieve an email that I accidentally deleted?

It may be possible to retrieve an email that you accidentally deleted, depending on your email provider and how long ago the email was deleted. Some email providers have a "trash" or "deleted items" folder where deleted emails are stored for a certain period of time before being permanently deleted. You can check this folder to see if the email is still there and restore it to your inbox.

3. How do I move an email to a different folder?

To move an email to a different folder, you can either drag and drop the email into the desired folder, or select the email and use the "move" or "move to" option in your email toolbar. This will allow you to select the folder you want to move the email to. Some email providers also allow you to right-click on an email and select the option to move it to a specific folder.

4. Is there a way to save an email as a file on my computer?

Yes, most email providers have an option to save an email as a file on your computer. This is typically done by selecting the email and choosing the "save as" or "save to" option in your email toolbar. You can then choose the location on your computer where you want to save the email as a file.

5. How can I search for a specific email in my inbox?

To search for a specific email in your inbox, most email providers have a search bar or search function where you can enter keywords or phrases from the email you are looking for. This will bring up any emails that contain those specific words or phrases. You can also use advanced search options to narrow down your search results.