How does a 3 stage linear mechanical actuator work?

In summary, a 3 stage linear actuator mechanical was discussed and the poster was unsure about how the last stage would go up and down. They asked for a 3d drawing for a better understanding and were advised to do a Google Images search for helpful websites. The poster expressed frustration and asked for a direct link, to which they were told that the purpose of PF is to help others learn how to find information themselves. The conversation ended with the poster refusing to follow the rules and the moderator suggesting they send a PM if they decide to follow the rules.
erhm
TL;DR Summary
3 stage linear actuator, mechanical how.?
How does a 3 stage linear actuator mechanical work. I can only find a regular linear actuator mechanical but I'm unsure how will the last stage go up and down. Anyone got a poor 3d drawing for a better understanding.?

Engineering news on Phys.org
erhm said:
Summary:: 3 stage linear actuator, mechanical how.?

How does a 3 stage linear actuator mechanical work. I can only find a regular linear actuator mechanical but I'm unsure how will the last stage go up and down. Anyone got a poor 3d drawing for a better understanding.?

Welcome to PF. I did a Google Images search on the part of your post above that I've highlighted in bold, and got good hits. Maybe try that search to see if you find some helpful websites. (Hint, scroll down the page a bit to find the first site with drawings, or else refine that search by adding in the word drawing to get better hits)

berkeman said:
Welcome to PF. I did a Google Images search on the part of your post above that I've highlighted in bold, and got good hits. Maybe try that search to see if you find some helpful websites. (Hint, scroll down the page a bit to find the first site with drawings, or else refine that search by adding in the word drawing to get better hits
Did you find a 3d drawing for a better understanding or how the mechanic works??, if so please link.

erhm said:
Did you find a 3d drawing for a better understanding or how the mechanic works??, if so please link.
Did you do the search?

berkeman said:
Did you do the search.?
Yes, did you find a link.?

LOL. So when you scrolled down a few lines of pictures in that Google Images search, did you see the first website with drawings? Did you click into it? It seemed pretty informative to me when I skimmed it. And the next step is to refine the search to get more drawings instead of the pictures...

3 post from you in my thread and not a proper help from you, no explanation or 3d. Just lame post count.
Please stay off my thread and go and pick on some one else, thank you.

You are new here. You will find that we do not spoon-feed folks who should be able to do some of the work themselves. If you do not know how to use Google or Google Images to quickly find lots of helpful information about your questions, it is a skill that you should learn, IMO. I was trying to help you learn how to learn -- that is a PF theme.

berkeman said:
You are new here. You will find that we do not spoon-feed folks who should be able to do some of the work themselves. If you do not know how to use Google or Google Images to quickly find lots of helpful information about your questions, it is a skill that you should learn, IMO. I was trying to help you learn how to learn -- that is a PF theme.
This is a place where people help each other and if you call this help then I don't need it, spare it to some one else. Thank you and stay off my thread.

• Skeptical
Likes anorlunda and berkeman
Omg...

• Haha
Likes berkeman and anorlunda
This is a place where threads are locked when the OP refuses to follow the rules. If you decide to start following the rules, send me an appropriate PM, and I can open the thread.

Likes jim mcnamara, Averagesupernova, Tom.G and 1 other person

1. How does a 3 stage linear mechanical actuator work?

A 3 stage linear mechanical actuator works by converting rotational motion into linear motion. It consists of three stages or sections, each with a different mechanism to produce linear movement. The first stage uses a motor to rotate a screw or worm gear, which then moves a nut or gear along a linear track. The second stage uses a rack and pinion mechanism to further convert the rotational motion into linear motion. The third stage uses a ball screw or belt drive to achieve precise and smooth linear movement.

2. What is the purpose of a 3 stage linear mechanical actuator?

The purpose of a 3 stage linear mechanical actuator is to provide precise and controlled linear movement for various applications. It is commonly used in industrial machinery, robotics, and automation systems to move objects or components along a linear path with high accuracy and repeatability.

3. How is the speed and force of a 3 stage linear mechanical actuator controlled?

The speed and force of a 3 stage linear mechanical actuator can be controlled by adjusting the rotational speed of the motor in the first stage, as well as the gear ratios and sizes of the components in the second and third stages. Additionally, external sensors and controllers can be used to monitor and adjust the speed and force of the actuator for precise and consistent movement.

4. What are the advantages of using a 3 stage linear mechanical actuator?

One of the main advantages of using a 3 stage linear mechanical actuator is its ability to provide precise and repeatable linear movement. It also has a compact and simple design, making it suitable for various applications. Additionally, it can handle high loads and forces, and can be easily integrated with other mechanical and electronic systems.

5. Are there any limitations to using a 3 stage linear mechanical actuator?

While a 3 stage linear mechanical actuator has many advantages, there are also some limitations to consider. One limitation is the potential for wear and tear on the mechanical components, which may require maintenance or replacement over time. Additionally, the speed and force of the actuator may be limited by the capabilities of the motor and other components used in the design.