How to avoid a clash of magnetic charge and electric charge

In summary: It is impossible for us to know the totality of what you are trying to do, and the details of your setup. Therefore we...In summary, the problem is that when you supply a high voltage to the motor, it stops working. If you supply the high voltage from the top, the motor works.
nashikin58
Hi, now I'm working on a project which involves a dc motor and high voltage. I'm developing a machine consists of a motor to rotate a platform disc and high voltage will be applied during the rotation. The problem is when I supply a positive high voltage at motor shaft during rotation, the motor stop working. While, if i supply from the top, the motor working well. Do you guys have any idea, how I can supply the high voltage properly? Thank you

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-08-06 at 09.26.08 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-08-06 at 09.26.08 (2).jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 430
Engineering news on Phys.org
There is no such thing as magnetic charge.

Are you working in a laboratory under supervision?

How high is the voltage.

There are many types of DC motors. What type is yours?

nashikin58 said:
The problem is when I supply a positive high voltage at motor shaft during rotation, the motor stop working. While, if i supply from the top,
I don't know what that means. Can you post a sketch of the schematic? Use the UPLOAD button to post pictures.

Likes Fisherman199
nashikin58 said:
Hi, now I'm working on a project which involves a dc motor and high voltage. I'm developing a machine consists of a motor to rotate a platform disc and high voltage will be applied during the rotation. The problem is when I supply a positive high voltage at motor shaft during rotation, the motor stop working. While, if i supply from the top, the motor working well. Do you guys have any idea, how I can supply the high voltage properly? Thank you
I suspect the electric charge is upsetting the control electronics of the motor. I can see a component board on the motor.

nashikin58 said:
While, if i supply from the top, the motor working well. Do you guys have any idea, how I can supply the high voltage properly?

Why can’t you supply it from the top, then?

anorlunda said:

How high is the voltage.

There are many types of DC motors. What type is yours?I don't know what that means. Can you post a sketch of the schematic? Use the UPLOAD button to post pictures.[/QUOTEHi,
anorlunda said:

How high is the voltage.

There are many types of DC motors. What type is yours?I don't know what that means. Can you post a sketch of the schematic? Use the UPLOAD button to post pictures.

hi, I am using a brushless dc motor. for now, I am using 3kV.

tech99 said:
I suspect the electric charge is upsetting the control electronics of the motor. I can see a component board on the motor.

oh, i see. I am used a motor driver and a microcontroller to rotate the motor. do you have any idea why its upsetting the control electronics?

Guineafowl said:
Why can’t you supply it from the top, then?

hi, I am prefer to supply from below that form the top. its easy to design other components.

nashikin58 said:
oh, i see. I am used a motor driver and a microcontroller to rotate the motor. do you have any idea why its upsetting the control electronics?
The electronics will use signals of just a few volts, and the CMOS semiconductors have very high input resistance. So the slightest leakage of the 3kV supply will upset them. If the 3kV supply is noisy or pulsing that will make it worse.

tech99 said:
The electronics will use signals of just a few volts, and the CMOS semiconductors have very high input resistance. So the slightest leakage of the 3kV supply will upset them. If the 3kV supply is noisy or pulsing that will make it worse.
okay, I understand it. It seems like the motor driver will have a short circuit or burn. A 3kvV is the lowest high voltage I will use. In this project, I will use up to 15kV. Do you think, supply the high voltage is a good idea? sorry, and thank you for the reply. I'm quite new in motor theory and still learning.

I don't think you should use any HV on your own with your current level of knowledge, and certainly not based on what some strangers suggested via the internet.

mfb said:
I don't think you should use any HV on your own with your current level of knowledge, and certainly not based on what some strangers suggested via the internet.

for my project, I need to use a HV. My project is to develop a machine called centrifugal electrospinning.

@mfb is right. It does not sound like you have the qualifications to work safely with these voltages on your own. Your questions should be asked to your professor, or the laboratory supervisor; not to strangers on the Internet.

It is impossible for us to know the totality of what you are trying to do, and the details of your setup. Therefore we might give wrong answers. Please ask someone in the laboratory with you.

Thread closed.
'

Likes davenn, berkeman and jim hardy

What is a clash of magnetic charge and electric charge?

A clash of magnetic charge and electric charge refers to the phenomenon where two objects with opposing magnetic and electric charges come into close proximity, resulting in a repulsive or attractive force between them.

Why is it important to avoid a clash of magnetic charge and electric charge?

Avoiding a clash of magnetic charge and electric charge is important because it can cause disruptions in electronic devices, power grids, and other systems that rely on electricity and magnetism. It can also be dangerous for individuals who come into contact with these forces.

What are some ways to avoid a clash of magnetic charge and electric charge?

One way to avoid a clash of magnetic charge and electric charge is to keep objects with opposing charges at a safe distance from each other. Another method is to use shielding materials, such as Faraday cages, to block the effects of these forces.

Can a clash of magnetic charge and electric charge be completely eliminated?

No, it is not possible to completely eliminate a clash of magnetic charge and electric charge. However, it can be minimized by proper design and placement of objects, and by using protective measures such as grounding and shielding.

What are the potential consequences of not avoiding a clash of magnetic charge and electric charge?

The consequences of not avoiding a clash of magnetic charge and electric charge can range from minor disruptions to serious damage to electronic devices and systems. It can also pose a safety risk to individuals who may come into contact with the forces.