How to find the Wronskian on Ti-89?

In summary, the Wronskian on Ti-89 is a tool for calculating the Wronskian of a set of functions to determine linear independence. It can be accessed through the "Apps" button and has a syntax of "Wronskian(function 1, function 2, ..., function n, variable)". It can be used for any number of functions but has limitations with complex operations.
Math10
I'm doing a problem about finding the Wronskian but I want to check my answer if it's right or not. How do I find the Wronskian of that problem on Ti-89 Titanium?

Computer science news on Phys.org

1. What is the Wronskian on Ti-89?

The Wronskian on Ti-89 is a tool that allows you to calculate the Wronskian of a set of functions. The Wronskian is a mathematical concept used to determine if a set of functions is linearly independent or dependent.

2. How do I access the Wronskian on Ti-89?

To access the Wronskian on Ti-89, press the "Apps" button on your calculator and select "Algebra Tools." Then, choose "Wronskian" from the list of tools.

3. What is the syntax for finding the Wronskian on Ti-89?

The syntax for finding the Wronskian on Ti-89 is "Wronskian(function 1, function 2, ..., function n, variable)."

4. Can the Wronskian be calculated for more than two functions on Ti-89?

Yes, the Wronskian can be calculated for any number of functions on Ti-89. Simply include all the functions separated by commas in the syntax.

5. Are there any limitations to using the Wronskian on Ti-89?

Yes, the Wronskian on Ti-89 can only be calculated for functions that can be entered into the calculator. It cannot be used for functions with more complex operations, such as integration or differentiation.