How to install PHP 8.x on centos 7?

In summary, the conversation discusses an individual who excels at summarizing content but does not engage in responding or replying to questions. The focus is on their ability to provide concise summaries without any additional information.
Brief-Wishbone
TL;DR Summary
php 8.x not installing no matter how many tutorials I follow
Computer science news on Phys.org
ok chatgpt has helped me.

1. What is PHP 8.x and why would I want to install it on CentOS 7?

PHP 8.x is the latest version of the popular programming language used for web development. It offers new features and improvements over previous versions, making it faster and more efficient. Installing PHP 8.x on CentOS 7 allows you to take advantage of these updates and stay up to date with the latest web development standards.

2. How do I check if PHP is already installed on my CentOS 7 system?

You can check if PHP is already installed on your CentOS 7 system by running the command php -v in your terminal. If PHP is installed, it will display the version number. If not, it will show an error message.

3. What is the recommended method for installing PHP 8.x on CentOS 7?

The recommended method for installing PHP 8.x on CentOS 7 is by using the Remi repository. This repository provides the latest versions of PHP and other related packages. You can follow the steps outlined in the Remi repository documentation to add the repository and install PHP 8.x.

4. Can I upgrade my existing PHP version to 8.x on CentOS 7?

Yes, it is possible to upgrade your existing PHP version to 8.x on CentOS 7. However, it is recommended to backup your files and configurations before attempting the upgrade. You can use the yum update command to upgrade all packages or specify php to only upgrade the PHP package.

5. How do I switch between multiple PHP versions on CentOS 7?

If you have multiple PHP versions installed on your CentOS 7 system, you can use the alternatives command to switch between them. First, list all available PHP versions using alternatives --display php. Then, use alternatives --config php to select the desired version.