Unable to install orangescrum in centos 7?

In summary, the conversation is about difficulties with installing Orangescrum, an open-source project management tool. The person has followed multiple tutorials, including one from the official Orangescrum site, but has been unable to successfully install it. They have also tried using chatgpt and searching for other installation tutorials, but have not been successful. The person mentions that they are new to Linux and have been unable to follow instructions to command on their machine, possibly due to their outdated operating system. They mention that moving to Rocky Linux may be a solution.
Brief-Wishbone
TL;DR Summary
Unable to install orangescrum in centos 7?
I've followed almost all tutorials related to installing orangescrum including the one from official orangescrum site.

https://www.orangescrum.com/open-source-general-installation-guide#download-open-source-all

But even the official tutorial doesn't work. It stops and says failed to install mysql (I tried this in my fresh machine as well).

I've tried chatgpt as well, it doesn't work. Can you guys give me a tutorial to install it?

https://github.com/Orangescrum/orangescrum

Here's also "installation" example, but since I'm new to linux, I'm unable to follow instructions to command in my machine.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Probably because CentOS 7 is out of date. CentOS 8 is the followup, but that is also end-of-life for a while now. If you want to stay in the same league you need to go to Rocky Linux.

Likes Vanadium 50
Question 1:

Why am I unable to install orangescrum in centos 7?

There could be several reasons for this issue. Some common causes include incorrect installation process, compatibility issues, missing dependencies, or inadequate system resources. It's important to troubleshoot each of these factors to determine the root cause of the problem.

Question 2:

How do I resolve dependency errors while installing orangescrum in centos 7?

To resolve dependency errors, you can use the 'yum' command to install the missing dependencies. Additionally, you can also try updating the package manager and then re-attempting the installation. If the issue persists, you may need to manually install the dependencies or seek assistance from the orangescrum support team.

Question 3:

Is it possible to install orangescrum in a different location on centos 7?

Yes, you can specify the installation directory while installing orangescrum on centos 7. This can be done by using the '--prefix' option in the installation command. Make sure to specify the full path to the desired installation location.

Question 4:

Can I install orangescrum on a server with limited resources?

Yes, orangescrum has minimum system requirements that can be met even with limited resources. However, it's recommended to have at least 2GB of RAM and 2GHz of processor speed for optimal performance. You may also need to allocate more resources if you plan on using other applications on the same server.

Question 5:

Can I install orangescrum on a centos 7 server without a GUI?

Yes, orangescrum can be installed and run on a centos 7 server without a GUI. This can be done by using a command-line interface and following the installation instructions provided by the orangescrum team. Keep in mind that some features may not be available without a GUI, so it's recommended to install a lightweight desktop environment if possible.