How to Remove Google Doodles from Search Pages

• Thread starter bob012345
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Google
Plus, it seems like they are there for no reason other than to take up space and draw attention away from the actual search results.
bob012345
Gold Member
TL;DR Summary
Is there a way to remove Google Doodles from Google search pages?
Is there a way to remove Google Doodles from Google search pages? I've tried extensions which only work for a couple of refreshes or new screens then the doodles come back. Of course I could use a Microsoft browser instead but short of that, is there a way to eliminate those doodles? Thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Not that I know of. You are accessing a Google hosted web page and they are free to put whatever they want on it. In the past, they prided themselves on keeping to a minimalist design to limit load speed delay.

Likes bob012345
I just checked the Google.com home page. The Doodle of filling coffee cups is an animated .GIF image.

It is somewhere in the 149,143 characters comprising the 391 lines of the home page.

When downloaded, the animation file size is 251.43kb and has file name:
www.google.com_angelo-moriondos-171st-birthday-6753651837109431-law.gif

EDIT:
The file is stored in the Temporary directory that your browser is using. Immediately after the Google page comes up, go to that directory and sort by the date-time column.

Here, it was the second file in the list and had a .GIF extension.
/EDIT

Good luck!

Last edited:
Tom.G said:
I just checked the Google.com home page. The Doodle of filling coffee cups is an animated .GIF image.

It is somewhere in the 149,143 characters comprising the 391 lines of the home page.

When downloaded, the animation file size is 251.43kb and has file name:
www.google.com_angelo-moriondos-171st-birthday-6753651837109431-law.gif

EDIT:
The file is stored in the Temporary directory that your browser is using. Immediately after the Google page comes up, go to that directory and sort by the date-time column.

Here, it was the second file in the list and had a .GIF extension.
/EDIT

Good luck!
Thanks. The files will be different on different days. I want to remove them automatically before I see them so I don't have to see them.

Then you need to modify the way the browser works. This is what plugins do.

Likes bob012345
pbuk said:
Then you need to modify the way the browser works. This is what plugins do.
I tried adding Chrome extensions that supposedly blocked doodles but they would work once or twice then stop working.

jedishrfu said:
In the past, they prided themselves on keeping to a minimalist design to limit load speed delay.
They still do. They know what the round trip time to someone using your Internet provider is and can serve a stripped-back version if necessary, although I suspect that when compressed it all fits in a single packet anyway so would hardly make any difference.

Likes jedishrfu
bob012345 said:
Summary: Is there a way to remove Google Doodles from Google search pages?

Is there a way to remove Google Doodles from Google search pages?
I changed my default search engine to duckduckgo.com. They offer more privacy. They do not put paid ad hits at the top of the page. It is a meta search engine, that includes Google search results.

Edit: Oh yes. They do not put Doodles on the results page.

Likes jedishrfu and bob012345
bob012345 said:
so I don't have to see them.
Just out of curiosity, what do you find so offensive about the doodles?

BoB

Likes Wrichik Basu and Tom.G
rbelli1 said:
Just out of curiosity, what do you find so offensive about the doodles?

BoB
Among other things, I find them irritating and distracting especially the animated ones. I prefer a clean, neutral background.

1. How do I remove Google Doodles from my search pages?

To remove Google Doodles from your search pages, you can use an ad blocker extension or adjust your Google Search settings. You can also use a different search engine that does not feature Google Doodles.

2. Why would someone want to remove Google Doodles from search pages?

Some people find Google Doodles distracting or unnecessary and prefer a simpler search page. Others may have a slower internet connection and want to reduce the loading time of search pages.

3. Can I remove Google Doodles from my search pages permanently?

Yes, you can permanently remove Google Doodles by adjusting your Google Search settings. However, keep in mind that this may also remove other features such as Google's "I'm Feeling Lucky" button.

4. Will removing Google Doodles affect my search results?

No, removing Google Doodles will not affect your search results. The doodles are simply decorative and do not impact the algorithm used to generate search results.

5. Can I still access Google Doodles if I remove them from my search pages?

Yes, you can still access Google Doodles by visiting the Google Doodles website or by searching for "Google Doodles" in your browser. Removing them from search pages only affects their appearance in search results.