I am confused (which stream to choose for research?)

In summary, the speaker is in the midst of their MSc in physics and is preparing for the GATE/NET exam in 2023. They are unsure of which research stream to choose and are interested in solar energy, green energy, and mechanical engineering. They want to become an innovator in energy consumption and are seeking help in making a decision.
shivangi thakur
Hello, I've bin the mid of my Msc in physics preparing for gate/ net exam 2023. I don't know which stream to choose for research.
I am highly highly interested in solar energy, green energy and mechanical engineering as well but I don't know what to do as I am not an engeenering student.
I want to be an innovator in energy consumption.
Some please help.

Physics news on Phys.org
shivangi thakur said:
Hello, I've bin the mid of my Msc in physics preparing for gate/ net exam 2023. I don't know which stream to choose for research.
I am highly highly interested in solar energy, green energy and mechanical engineering as well but I don't know what to do as I am not an engeenering student.
I want to be an innovator in energy consumption.
Some please help.
Hello,you can take Green energy

isaac said:
Hello,you can take Green energy
Some more insight on why the OP should choose green energy over the other alternatives will probably be helpful to the OP, especially from the perspective of academic research in that field.

1. What are the different streams available for research?

There are several different streams available for research, including biology, chemistry, physics, engineering, psychology, and social sciences. Each stream focuses on a specific area of study and has its own unique research methods and techniques.

2. How do I choose which stream to pursue for research?

Choosing a stream for research can be a difficult decision. It is important to consider your interests, strengths, and career goals when making this decision. You may also want to speak with mentors, professors, or current researchers in your field of interest for guidance.

3. Are there any prerequisites or requirements for each research stream?

Yes, there may be specific prerequisites or requirements for each research stream, such as completing certain courses or having a certain level of experience in the field. It is important to research these requirements before making a decision.

4. Can I switch streams once I have started my research?

In some cases, it may be possible to switch streams once you have started your research. However, this decision should not be taken lightly, as it may require additional time and effort to catch up on any missed prerequisites or requirements for the new stream.

5. Will I have opportunities to explore different research streams during my studies?

Yes, many universities and research institutions offer opportunities for students to explore different research streams through internships, workshops, or research projects. This can be a great way to gain insight and experience in different areas before committing to a specific stream for your research.