I don't know how to get equation 4.41 here in the image

• Thread starter Shuvro1994
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary, the conversation suggests a lengthy process for solving equations and eliminating variables. The suggested approach involves solving the first equation for B and using it in the second equation, then solving for C and plugging it into the remaining equations. The process can also be simplified by using Cramer's rule. Ultimately, this method allows for the easy determination of the value of E.
Shuvro1994
Homework Statement
I don't know how to get equation 4.41 here in the image.
Relevant Equations
Please see the image I shared and help me to get equation 4.41 from equation 4.39 and 4.40
15696416050779166116926240560905.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
That's a lengthy process. Note that A still appears, so only B,C,D have been eliminated using the four equations. One way to approach this:
Solve the first equation for B, use that in the second equation. Now B is gone. Solve the second equation for C, plug that into the remaining two. Now C is gone as well. Solve one of the last two equations for D, plug it into the other one, solve for E, simplify.
Probably a bit less messy: Solve the first equation for B, use that in the second equation. Write it as ##Ce^{ik_2a}=...## and use that in the other two equations. Solve one of them for ##De^{-ik_2a}=...##, plug it into the other one, and then solve for E.

Eq 4.40 is easy to solve for both C and D. Now use Eq 4.39 equation to eliminate B from 4.39(i) equation by putting into 4.39(ii) equation. Now simply put value of C and D in this equation and you will easily get value of E as advertised!

Cramer’s rule may help lessen the amount of algebra you need to do.

Related to I don't know how to get equation 4.41 here in the image

1. How do I find equation 4.41 in the image?

To find equation 4.41 in the image, you can use a variety of methods. You can try referencing the image caption or title to see if it is labeled as equation 4.41. You can also try using the search function on the website or document where the image is located. If all else fails, you can try reaching out to the author or creator of the image for clarification.

2. Can you explain the significance of equation 4.41 in the image?

The significance of equation 4.41 in the image depends on the context in which it is being used. It could be a key formula for the topic being discussed, or it could simply be one of many equations included for reference. It is best to refer to the surrounding text or ask the author for clarification.

3. Is there a specific method for obtaining equation 4.41 in the image?

There is no one specific method for obtaining equation 4.41 in the image, as it depends on the source and context of the image. However, some general tips for finding equations in images include looking for labels or captions, using search functions, and reaching out to the author for clarification.

4. Is it possible that equation 4.41 is a mistake or mislabeled in the image?

It is always possible that equation 4.41 could be a mistake or mislabeled in the image. It is important to double check with the surrounding text and context to confirm if it is correct. If there are still doubts, it is best to reach out to the author for clarification.

5. How can I use equation 4.41 in my own research or work?

The usage of equation 4.41 in your own research or work depends on the subject matter and your specific goals. It is best to thoroughly understand the equation and its context before incorporating it into your work. You may also need to properly cite the source and obtain permission from the author if necessary.