I have a couple questions about Arduinos

• Thread starter SickTechz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Couple
In summary, the conversation is about using the 0 and 1 digital pins while having a motor shield attached. The person is wondering if it is possible to solder a wire on top of the 1 and 0 pins on the shield without any problems. They also mention that the pins 1 and 2 on the shield do not appear to be connected from the eBay views and ask if these pins are not used by the shield software.
SickTechz
Hello,

I need to use the 0 and 1 digital pins while I have a motor shield on. I will include the link to the shield I plan to buy. Is it possible to solder a wire on top of the 1 and 0 pin (on the shield itself) while having no problems?

I circled the pins I am talking about in an ugly green color

s-l1600.jpg

ITEM:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/L293D-Motor-Drive-Shield-Expansion-Board-For-Arduino-Duemilanove-Mega-UNO/222274321100?epid=676231530&hash=item33c094facc:g:y~wAAOSw8w1X9~HL

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 432
Engineering news on Phys.org
Just from the ebay views pin 1 and 2 look to be not connected on the shield so I would think you could. I assume that these pins aren't used by the shield software?

What is an Arduino?

An Arduino is an open-source electronic platform that consists of both hardware and software components. It is designed for creating interactive projects and prototypes, and is popular among hobbyists, artists, and scientists.

What can you do with an Arduino?

With an Arduino, you can create a wide range of electronic projects, such as robots, sensors, and wearable technology. It is also commonly used for home automation, data logging, and controlling various devices.

Do I need coding experience to use an Arduino?

While some coding experience can be helpful, it is not necessary to use an Arduino. The platform offers a user-friendly programming language called Arduino IDE, which is based on C++. There are also plenty of tutorials and resources available online for beginners.

Can I connect other electronic components to an Arduino?

Yes, an Arduino has a variety of input and output pins that can be used to connect and control other electronic components, such as sensors, LEDs, motors, and displays. This allows for endless possibilities and creativity in project design.

Are there different types of Arduinos?

Yes, there are various types of Arduinos that differ in size, shape, and capabilities. Some common types include the Arduino Uno, Arduino Nano, and Arduino Mega. Each type has its own specific features and is suitable for different types of projects.