I have a problem finding a steam table for n-pentane

In summary, the conversation involved a person looking for a steam table for n-pentane or pentane, but having difficulty finding one. They were directed to a supplier and also given resources for finding thermodynamic properties of n-pentane, including a T-s diagram and various websites and books. They were also advised to use process simulators for data on C5+ properties.
AhmedAB
TL;DR Summary
I was searching long and wide for a steam table for an R601(n-pentane) for the ORC cycle, I need help finding a detailed table.
hey, I was searching for a steam table for a long time but I wasn't lucky, I don't know why an n-pentane, iso-pentane or even pentane table is hard to find , so I am here today asking for a steam table for n-pentane or pentane table, forgive me if I was asking too much, Thank you very much you all.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I found T-s diagrams, phase diagrams, and other properties using search term n-pentane thermodynamic properties. I also searched R601 refrigerant thermodynamic properties, but that did not find much. If you used steam in your search, it probably found information about water because steam generally refers to water in the gaseous state.

Sample T-s diagram from above search:
N-pentane.jpg

Likes AhmedAB and jim mcnamara
yeah I don't know why n-pentane (R601) is hard to find, is there a secret they don't want us to know about it's weird, Also thank you very much for your help, I may use this diagram if I didn't find anything new, thank you again

By the way, there is also a figure in Reynolds & Colonna's book Thermodynamics, and some more references to other codes to produce these figures. The book also talks a little about ORCs, it's a very nice engineering book on thermodynamics.

Good Night

Any process simulator will give you the data for C5+ that you need.
Pro II, Hysim, Aspen Suite ect

1. What is a steam table?

A steam table is a tool used by scientists and engineers to determine the thermodynamic properties of a substance, such as temperature, pressure, enthalpy, and entropy, at different states.

2. Why is it difficult to find a steam table for n-pentane?

N-pentane is a highly volatile and flammable hydrocarbon compound, making it challenging to obtain reliable data for its thermodynamic properties. Therefore, it is not as widely available as steam tables for other substances.

3. How can I find a steam table for n-pentane?

One option is to search for online databases or resources specifically for n-pentane. Additionally, you can consult with experts in the field or refer to scientific literature for data on n-pentane's properties.

4. Are there any alternative methods for obtaining n-pentane's thermodynamic properties?

Yes, there are various computational methods, such as molecular simulations and equations of state, that can be used to estimate n-pentane's thermodynamic properties. However, these methods may have limitations and may not be as accurate as experimental data.

5. How important is it to have a steam table for n-pentane?

Having a reliable steam table for n-pentane is crucial for scientists and engineers working with this substance in various applications, such as in the petrochemical industry. It allows for accurate calculations and predictions of its behavior under different conditions, which is essential for safety and efficiency.