How Do You Solve This Complex Integration Problem?

• Thread starter mahmud_dbm
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integration
In summary, the conversation discusses the need for help with an integration problem involving the equation I = ##\int_0^∞ \frac {x^{n+1}} {1 + x^n} ⋅ e^{-x^2/{2 \sigma^2}} ##. The individual has attempted to simplify the equation but is unsure of how to proceed. They have simplified the integration to ##m^{p+1} \int_0^∞ \frac {e^{-v^2}⋅ v^p} {{1 + v^{p - 1} m^{p - 1}}} dv## and are seeking assistance on how to solve it using integration by parts. The use of the
mahmud_dbm
I need some help with an Integration. Here's the equation

I = ##\int_0^∞ \frac {x^{n+1}} {1 + x^n} ⋅ e^{-x^2/{2 \sigma^2}} ##

I have tried to solve the equation by simplifying first like
let, ## \frac x {\sqrt 2 \sigma} = v ##, so the ##x = v \sqrt 2 \sigma##
then, ##dx = \sqrt 2 \sigma d v##
Also, let ## {\sqrt 2 \sigma} = m, and \ 1+n = p##

Finally, the integration is simplified as follows

I = ##m^{p+1} \int_0^∞ \frac {e^{-v^2}⋅ v^p} {{1 + v^{p - 1} m^{p - 1}}} dv##

Now i don't know what to do from here!
Thank you in advance for your attention to to this post.
I would appreciate any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
mahmud_dbm said:
I need some help with an Integration. Here's the equation

I = ##\int_0^∞ \frac {x^{n+1}} {1 + x^n} ⋅ e^{-x^2/{2 \sigma^2}} ##

I have tried to solve the equation by simplifying first like
let, ## \frac x {\sqrt 2 \sigma} = v ##, so the ##x = v \sqrt 2 \sigma##
then, ##dx = \sqrt 2 \sigma d v##
Also, let ## {\sqrt 2 \sigma} = m, and \ 1+n = p##

Finally, the integration is simplified as follows

I = ##m^{p+1} \int_0^∞ \frac {e^{-v^2}⋅ v^p} {{1 + v^{p - 1} m^{p - 1}}} dv##

Now i don't know what to do from here!
Thank you in advance for your attention to to this post.
I would appreciate any help.
I would start with integration by parts, with ##u = \frac{x^n}{1 + x^n}## and ##dv = xe^{-x^2/{2 \sigma^2}} dx##. I don't guarantee that this would work, but that's what I would start with.

Also, in future threads, please don't delete the Homework Template. Its use is required.

1. What is an integration?

An integration is the process of combining two or more separate systems or components to work together as one cohesive unit. This can be done through various methods such as APIs, webhooks, or other forms of communication.

2. How can integration help me?

Integrations can help you automate tasks, streamline processes, and improve efficiency by eliminating the need for manual data entry and reducing the chances of human error. They can also help you access and analyze data from different sources in one place.

3. What types of integrations are there?

There are many types of integrations, including data integrations, application integrations, and process integrations. Data integrations involve transferring data between different systems, while application integrations allow different software applications to communicate with each other. Process integrations involve automating workflows and tasks across multiple systems.

4. How do I choose the right integration for my needs?

The right integration for your needs will depend on your specific goals and requirements. It's important to research and understand the capabilities and limitations of different integration methods, as well as the compatibility of the systems you want to integrate. You may also want to consult with a professional or seek recommendations from others in your industry.

5. Are there any risks associated with integrations?

While integrations can bring many benefits, there are also potential risks to consider. These include data security and privacy concerns, as well as potential disruptions to your systems if the integration is not properly implemented. It's important to thoroughly assess and mitigate these risks before implementing an integration.