Ideas for Graduation Projects that involve lots of math

I am just looking for a project idea that combines maths and my major. Some possible ideas could be exploring the use of mathematical algorithms in signal processing, or using signal processing techniques to enhance computer vision or super resolution technologies. Whichever direction you choose, it would be important to thoroughly research and analyze the mathematical foundations and theories behind the chosen topic. Good luck with your project!
Ahmad Kishki
I am EE majoring in signal processing with a deep interest in maths. I am looking for ideas for a graduation project that combines maths and my major.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Ahmad Kishki said:
I am EE majoring in signal processing with a deep interest in maths. I am looking for ideas for a graduation project that combines maths and my major.
What about a review of the analysis behind OOFDM? Are you trying to do original work, or a review paper?

Likes Ahmad Kishki
Computer Vision and Super Resolution. Those two areas are rife with room for improvement as well as being highly theoretical both in experimentation and practise.

Good luck :)

Likes Ahmad Kishki
berkeman said:
What about a review of the analysis behind OOFDM? Are you trying to do original work, or a review paper?

I am not sure, but i don't think it will be original work.

1. What are some ideas for graduation projects that involve lots of math?

Some ideas for graduation projects that involve lots of math include creating a mathematical model to predict stock market trends, designing and implementing a new encryption algorithm, analyzing and optimizing traffic flow patterns, developing a computer program to simulate weather patterns, and creating a mathematical model for predicting the spread of infectious diseases.

2. How can I incorporate real-world applications into my math graduation project?

One way to incorporate real-world applications into your math graduation project is to choose a topic that is relevant and applicable to current events or industries. For example, you could use mathematical principles to analyze data from a local business or organization, or you could conduct a case study on a real-life problem that can be solved using math.

3. What level of math is typically required for a graduation project?

The level of math required for a graduation project will vary depending on the specific project and your academic program. However, most math graduation projects will involve advanced topics in algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and/or linear algebra. It is important to consult with your advisor or professor to determine the appropriate level of math for your project.

4. Can I collaborate with other students or professionals on my math graduation project?

Yes, collaborating with others on your math graduation project is often encouraged. This can include working with other students, professors, or professionals in the field. Collaborating can bring new perspectives and ideas to your project and can also help you to divide the workload and responsibilities.

5. How can I make my math graduation project stand out?

To make your math graduation project stand out, consider choosing a unique and innovative topic, using advanced mathematical techniques and tools, incorporating real-world applications, and presenting your findings in a clear and visually appealing manner. Additionally, you could consider submitting your project to conferences or journals for publication or participating in competitions or research fairs.