Impulse by Hinge | An Innovative App

In summary, the conversation discusses how to solve a problem involving a square lamina with a hinge at one corner and an applied impulse. The person is asking for help in creating equations for the unknowns of impulse and resulting motion, and is unsure about how to incorporate angular impulse.
Prabs3257
Poster has been reminded to always show effort in schoolwork thread starts
Homework Statement
A square lamina of side a is hinged at corner A and impulse Po is applied on the lamina shown find the impulse due to the hinge on the lamina just after Po is applied
Relevant Equations
Impulse eqn
I don't have a clue on how to start please help me

Attachments

• 15665935029228768071807802769721.jpg
    15665935029228768071807802769721.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 278
Physics news on Phys.org
Prabs3257 said:
Homework Statement: A square lamina of side a is hinged at corner A and impulse Po is applied on the lamina shown find the impulse due to the hinge on the lamina just after Po is applied
Homework Equations: Impulse eqn

I don't have a clue on how to start please help me
Create unknowns for the impulse (allow two components) and for the resulting motion.
What equations can you write?

haruspex said:
Create unknowns for the impulse (allow two components) and for the resulting motion.
What equations can you write?
Do you mean the angular impulse momentum eqns ??

Last edited:
Prabs3257 said:
Do you mean the angular impulse momentum eqns ??
Yes, and linear.

haruspex said:
Yes, and linear.
But if we write angular inpulse about a then the it will be 0 for hinge can you please tell me how to write it i am totally confused thanks

Likes Delta2

1. What is Impulse by Hinge?

Impulse by Hinge is a dating app that uses cutting-edge technology and psychology to help users make meaningful connections.

2. How does Impulse by Hinge work?

Impulse by Hinge uses a unique algorithm that takes into account factors such as personality, values, and preferences to match users with potential partners. It also offers features such as icebreaker prompts and in-app video calls to facilitate conversation and get to know each other better.

3. Is Impulse by Hinge safe to use?

Yes, Impulse by Hinge takes the safety and security of its users very seriously. It has features in place such as photo verification and a team of moderators who review all profiles and messages to ensure a safe and respectful community.

4. Can I use Impulse by Hinge for free?

Yes, Impulse by Hinge offers a free version of the app with basic features. However, there is also a paid subscription option that unlocks additional features and benefits.

5. Is Impulse by Hinge only for dating?

No, Impulse by Hinge is not just for dating. It also offers options for making friends and professional connections. Users can specify their intentions and preferences in their profile settings.