Integrating Functions: Tips and Tutorials for Solving Complex Integrals

• Thread starter Abdulwahab Hajar
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integrate
In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking help with integrating a function in the form of ∫ ydx/(x2 + y2)3/2 and trying different substitutions, ultimately finding a solution.
Abdulwahab Hajar

Homework Statement

Hello people
How would one integrate a function in the form of
∫ ydx/(x2 + y2)3/2

Homework Equations

I don't really know how to go about it

The Attempt at a Solution

I tried solving it by substitution but I can't find a suitable one...
any online tutorials for such an integral would be amazing!
Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
Hello. What substitutions did you try ?

I tried anything with x but that won't work, I checked it online I believe I have to try x = ytanθ... right?
and would it be a double substitution because we have function that the denominator is to the power of 3/2

Abdulwahab Hajar said:
I tried anything with x but that won't work, I checked it online I believe I have to try x = ytanθ... right?
and would it be a double substitution because we have function that the denominator is to the power of 3/2

If you think you need to substitute ##x = y \tan(\theta)##, then just go ahead and try it for yourself to see what you get.

Thank you, I found a solution
all is good

1. How do I begin the integration process?

The first step in integrating a new technology or system is to thoroughly research and understand its capabilities and limitations. This will help you determine the best approach for integration and identify any potential challenges or roadblocks.

2. What factors should I consider when choosing an integration method?

Some important factors to consider when choosing an integration method include the compatibility of the systems or technologies, the complexity of the integration, and the resources and expertise available for the integration process.

3. How can I ensure a smooth integration process?

One way to ensure a smooth integration process is to create a detailed plan that outlines the steps and timeline for integration. It is also important to communicate clearly with all stakeholders involved and to allow for sufficient testing and troubleshooting time.

4. What are some common challenges that can arise during integration?

Some common challenges that can arise during integration include data compatibility issues, system downtime, and user resistance. It is important to anticipate these challenges and have contingency plans in place to address them.

5. How can I measure the success of the integration?

The success of an integration can be measured by evaluating its impact on efficiency, productivity, and overall business goals. It is important to establish clear metrics before the integration process begins and track them throughout and after the integration is complete.