Investigating Voltage, Capacitance & Resonance in DC/AC Circuits

In summary, the conversation discussed an experiment that was conducted to investigate the voltage across a capacitor in a DC RC circuit and to study resonance in an AC inductor-capacitor circuit. The speaker mentioned having difficulty in writing the source of error for the experiment and listed random error, systematic error, and parallax error as potential sources. They also suggested seeking help on a homework forum after completing their own work.
janiceyyyyyy
Thread moved from the technical forums, so no Homework Template is shown
I have done an experimeny to investigate how the voltage across a capacitor, Vc varies as it charges and to find the capacitive time constant in a DC RC circuits and Study resonance in an AC inductor-capacitor circuit (AC LRC circuit).

I am now having trouble in writing the source of error of the experiment.I have wrote random error, systematic error and parallax error.Anthing else can i write?

Attachments

• EXPT2_DC RC AC RLC Circuits.pdf
    187.6 KB · Views: 285
Likes ephphatha16
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello Janice, :welcome:

Here in PF we help students when thtey are stuck. We don't do the work for you. So you first embark on your own work, post (in a homework forum -- use the template) and then ask for help...

By the way: nice guide/instruction pdf !

1. What is voltage and how is it measured in a circuit?

Voltage is the potential difference between two points in a circuit, measured in volts (V). It is the driving force that causes electrons to flow through a circuit. Voltage can be measured using a voltmeter, which is connected in parallel to the component or circuit being measured.

2. What is capacitance and how does it affect a circuit?

Capacitance is the ability of a component or circuit to store electrical charge. It is measured in farads (F). Capacitors are used in circuits to store and release charge, and they can affect circuit behavior by filtering out certain frequencies or causing resonance.

3. How does resonance occur in a DC/AC circuit?

Resonance occurs in a circuit when the frequency of the input voltage matches the natural frequency of the circuit. This causes the circuit to vibrate at a higher amplitude, which can be beneficial in some applications such as radio tuners. In DC circuits, resonance does not occur because there is no changing voltage or frequency.

4. What are some common applications of voltage, capacitance, and resonance in circuits?

Voltage, capacitance, and resonance are important in various applications such as power supplies, filters, and oscillators. They are also utilized in electronic devices such as radios, televisions, and computers.

5. How can I calculate the voltage, capacitance, and resonance in a circuit?

Voltage can be calculated using Ohm's law (V=IR) or Kirchhoff's voltage law. Capacitance can be calculated using the equation C=Q/V, where Q is the charge and V is the voltage. Resonance can be calculated using the equation f=1/(2π√LC), where f is the resonant frequency, L is the inductance, and C is the capacitance.