IRAF xgterm implot unresponsive (mac OS High Sierra 10.13.3)

In summary, the speaker downloaded IRAF using astroconda, but encountered issues with the implot function when using an xgterm terminal. They were able to display a plot with implot, but none of the keystroke functions worked and they were unable to return to xgterm. They asked for help and later resolved the issue by completely reinstalling IRAF.
SMBH
I downloaded IRAF to my machine using astroconda, and everything works perfectly except the implot function when using an xgterm terminal (it kind of works with xterm, but not really). I can get it to display a plot with implot, but none of the keystroke functions work at all and I am not even able to make the implot window active by clicking it or anything like that. I am not able to return to xgterm either once implot has been opened, so I have to restart everything. Does anybody know what the problem could or what I need to do to make implot work? I'm sure I've left out some information that is necesarry for answering this question, so let me know what you need to know and I'll tell you. Thank you for your help.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Nevermind figured it out! Completely deleted and reinstalled and everything worked fine.

What is IRAF?

IRAF (Image Reduction and Analysis Facility) is a software package commonly used in astronomical research for processing and analyzing astronomical data.

What is xgterm?

xgterm is a terminal emulator used to run IRAF on a Mac OS system.

What is implot?

Implot is a plotting tool used in IRAF for displaying and analyzing astronomical images.

Why is xgterm unresponsive on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.3?

This issue may occur due to compatibility issues between IRAF and Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.3. It is recommended to check for updates or use a different version of Mac OS.

How can I troubleshoot an unresponsive IRAF xgterm implot on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.3?

Some troubleshooting steps you can try include restarting the computer, checking for updates, and reinstalling IRAF. It may also be helpful to consult online forums or contact the IRAF support team for further assistance.