Is arXiv down, or is it just me? (Sun 1 Oct 2017)

• Thread starter Dr. Courtney
  • Start date
  • Tags
    2017 Arxiv
In summary, arXiv is a widely used and reliable platform that rarely experiences downtime. However, there may be temporary issues with the website or server that could cause it to be unavailable. To check if arXiv is down, you can try accessing the website on different devices or use a website status checker. If you are unable to access arXiv, it could be due to a technical issue, internet connection problem, or your IP address being blocked. In such cases, you can use a mirror site or access the website through a proxy server. Additionally, you can also access arXiv content through databases such as Google Scholar or through university libraries.
Dr. Courtney
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Can't get to some papers. No response at all from the site. Most other sites are working for me. Anyone else have insight?

Physics news on Phys.org
I have no problems. Both links worked well (to a certain paper as well as the index page).

Likes Dr. Courtney
I tried a few too. No problem.

Likes Dr. Courtney
Thanks!

1. Is arXiv down?

As of Sun, 1 Oct 2017, there is no indication that arXiv is down. However, it is always possible that there may be temporary issues with the website or server that could cause it to be unavailable.

2. How can I check if arXiv is down?

You can check if arXiv is down by trying to access the website on different devices or by using a website status checker. You can also check the arXiv Twitter account for any updates on website availability.

3. Why can't I access arXiv?

There could be several reasons why you are unable to access arXiv. It could be due to a technical issue with the website or server, an issue with your internet connection, or the website may be undergoing maintenance. It is also possible that your IP address has been blocked by arXiv for violating their terms of use.

4. Is there an alternative way to access arXiv if the website is down?

Yes, there is an alternative way to access arXiv if the website is down. You can use a mirror site, such as arXiv.org.cn, or access the website through a proxy server. It is also possible to access arXiv content through databases such as Google Scholar or through university libraries.

5. How often does arXiv experience downtime?

ArXiv is a widely used and reliable platform, and it typically experiences very minimal downtime. However, occasional technical issues or maintenance may cause the website to be temporarily unavailable. These issues are usually resolved quickly, and arXiv is up and running again within a short time.